Ch 4: looking for a doctor

Su Sanlang took the money and ran to the old doctor’s house in the village. He said anxiously, “Doctor Wu, quickly go to my house and save my children’s mother. After she gave birth to Simei, she has been bleeding non-stop.”

Doctor Wu was an old man in his sixties. He had come to the village three years ago and knew medical skills. He settled down in the village and anyone who had a headache or fever was willing to look for him.

Su Sanlang stuffed all the copper coins into Wu’s arms.

Old Wu noticed that there was still a little dried blood on the copper coins. He glanced at Su Sanlang and said, “Although I’m not good at tending to women, I’ll go take a look since you’re so anxious.”

Old Wu turned to get the medical kit and followed Su Sanlang out.

Su Sanlang walked quickly, which showed how anxious he was.

Old Wu could not help but give Su Sanlang a second look. He was a dark-skinned man in his thirties, with many patches on his clothes and a hole in his shoe.

His back was a little hunched, and he couldn’t tell that he loved his wife so much.

When he followed Su Sanlang to the Su residence, they ran into Madam Wang, who was beating up Su Sanmei.

“I’ll beat you to death, you little shit. Thief. How dare you steal from my family. Bah…”

Madam Wang’s curses were filled with malice.

Su Sanmei jumped in pain and begged for mercy, “Grandma, I was wrong. Don’t hit me…”

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

“Mother.”

Su Sanlang’s heart ached. When Madam Wang hit Su Sanmei, it was not a light punishment. Instead, she swung a stick with strong force. She grabbed Su Sanmei by the hair as she kept struggling and running. Madam Wang cursed as she hit her.

1

Madam Wang let go at the sounds of Su Sanlang’s voice. Su Sanmei immediately ran over to Su Sanlang’s side. Her face was covered in tears, but she did not dare to say anything bad about Madam Wang.

Su Sanlang’s heart ached, but he could only put Su Sanmei aside for the time being. He said to Old Wu, “Doctor Wu, come with me.”

Old Wu nodded and followed Su Sanlang to the back room.

He pushed the door open. It was pitch dark inside and smelled strongly of blood.

Old Wu bent down to enter. Su Sanlang held Su Sanmei’s hand and followed worriedly.

Madam Zhao was lying unconscious on the bed. Old Wu took her pulse and said, “It’s weakness caused by excessive bleeding. I’ll stop her bleeding first, but she would still have to take some medicine. Her body is too weak. If she wants to live, she cannot give birth again in the future. If she does, she’ll die.”

Madam Zhao’s pulse was really weak, as if she was hanging on by a thread. It was a miracle that she could hold on until he arrived.

However, after this, she would definitely not be able to give birth in the future.

When Su Sanlang heard this, he did not care much about Madam Zhao not being able to give birth again. Instead, he sighed with relief and said, “As long as my mother is safe.”

7

If she couldn’t have more children, then so be it. She’d already given birth to four children for him, and it wasn’t as if they didn’t have sons. He had no right to blame her. This was his fate.