Ch 7: Moving to a new house

Su Xiaolu smiled at her two silly brothers.

Su Chong and Su Hua were very happy.

“Sister smiled. I like it.”

Su Chong could not help but laugh, and so did Su Hua.

Madam Zhao’s heart warmed. At this moment, she forgot her sadness and couldn’t help but smile.

The panic about the unknown difficulty was gone at this moment. Now, there was only warmth and peace. It was a pity that such peace did not last long before it was broken.

Voices came in from outside.

Madam Li deliberately raised her voice and said, “You’ve finished. Third Brother, you’re here to pick up my sister-in-law and the kids, right? I just saw Chong and Hua coming home.”

Su Sanlang didn’t start a conversation with Lee, but glanced at her.

Madam Li immediately shut her mouth. She had heard that Su Sanlang had done something indecent in the past and could not be provoked.

2

After being chased out, he might be holding back his anger now. If he were to vent it on her, how unlucky would she be? Madam Li regretted her words earlier.

At this moment, Madam Wang came out of the main room and said with a cold expression, “What are you waiting for? Hurry up and bring your family over to clean up while it’s still early. I’ve already given you all what you need. We won’t be cooking for your family tonight.”

Recommended for you
Jane Iredale’s Skincare Makeup System: The Foundation of Great Skin
Sponsored by M2woman

When Madam Li heard this, she secretly rejoiced. With this, Madam Wang had directed all of Su Sanlang’s hatred to herself. Compared to her sarcastic tone just now, Madam Wang’s words were more heart-wrenching.

1

Su Sanlang looked at Madam Wang. His mother’s gaze was very cold, and it made his heart ache. After just one look, he lowered his eyes and clenched his fists, before turning around and walking towards the back room.

Old Master Su came out and said to Su Dalang and Su Erlang, “Call Shun, Qing, and the others. It’s still early. Let’s go to the fields again.”

Su Dalang had three sons. Due to the incident today, everyone had returned home. Now, they had already gone out to play.

Su Erlang had two sons and a daughter. His daughter had been taken by his wife, Madam Zhou, to visit her maiden home, so his two sons naturally went out to play too.

Since their father had spoken, the two of them naturally did not dare to disobey. After all, their sons still needed his father to pay for their studies.

Hence, they each picked up a few baskets. They went out with Old Master Su and called their children to the fields.

As for Su Sanlang’s family, they had already been separated. The crops that the family had not finished collecting had nothing to do with his family.

The conversation in the outer room entered Su Sanlang’s ears. He stopped outside the door for a long time and waited for Old Master Su and the others to leave before reaching out to open the door and enter.

He thought that Madam Zhao was still asleep and was thinking about how to explain the situation to her, but when he got used to the dim light, he saw that his two sons were already packing up. When he met Madam Zhao’s gentle eyes, Su Sanlang choked. “My dear wife…”