Ch 9: Harvest in the mountain

In ancient times, commoners were not allowed to discuss the royal family at will, so ordinary families would not say such things.

It seemed she would have to wait at least a few years to find out.

However, rice and corn could be cultivated in this place. The staple food should be these. They should be in the south. In modern places like the Yungui River and Chongqing, the staple food was rice and corn. In ancient times, these places were called Jinguan, Yizhou, and Furong City.

She would know all this when she grew up.

When she saw Madam Zhao eating so happily, Su Xiaolu also felt hungry.

Madam Zhao’s energy was much better than yesterday. Although she was still very thin, her complexion was better.

Su Sanlang came in to collect the bowls. He was also happy to see this. He smiled and said, “When the medicine is ready, Sanmei will bring it to you to drink. I’ll bring Chong and Hua to prepare a few traps at the foot of the mountain and chop some wood. In a few days, I’ll go to town to ask if those big families want to buy firewood. I’ll cut wood to sell.”

Su Sanlang was very detailed. He hoped that Madam Zhao would not worry about their livelihood. He was free., young and strong. He would think of a way to feed his family.

How could Madam Zhao not understand? She smiled and nodded. “Sanlang, bring some rice balls with you. Be careful.”

Su Xiaolu looked at Su Sanlang and smiled at him. “Ahhh…”

She greeted Su Sanlang with this.

1

Su Sanlang smiled and looked at Su Xiaolu gently. “Simei, you’re so obedient. I’ll come back to see you when I’m done.”

Recommended for you
When You Get Married, Here Are the Types of Dresses to Avoid Purchasing
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
25 Photos Of Rare And Endangered Birds
20+ of the Best Photos Showcasing the Incredible Worlds
Top 35+ wives and girlfriends of famous Footballers
When You Get Married, Here Are the Types of Dresses to Avoid Purchasing
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

There was no time to waste. After instructing Su Sanmei, Su Sanlang brought Su Chong and Su Hua into the mountains.

As they were near the back of the mountain, it was convenient, though remote.

At this moment, the villagers were all busy with the autumn harvest. They struggled to harvest their own crops, so how could they have the time to enter the mountains?

Only Su Sanlang, who was chased out by his parents and did not have to do farm work, had the time to enter the mountains.

After Su Sanlang left, Su Sanmei obediently heated up the medicine for Madam Zhao.

She then helped Madam Zhao change Su Xiaolu’s diaper.

Su Xiaolu could only cry after peeing three times or pooping.

Peeing three times was the most she could tolerate. Babies didn’t pee much, and diapers that were too wet would be uncomfortable. Wearing them might give her a rash.

1

Three times was about right. If they changed it in time, Madam Zhao could rest in peace and did not have to worry about rashes.

After dinner, Su Xiaolu went to bed.

Eating more and sleeping more was her current goal of survival.

Su Sanmei did not stay idle either. She dug earthworms in the courtyard and fed them to the two chickens at home. At noon, she heated up Madam Zhao’s lunch.