Ch 24: Another Gain

Madam Zhou smiled. She was not as stupid as Madam Zhao. When Madam Li said that, she knew exactly what Madam Li was up to.

She was not stupid. Old Master Su was still in good health, and Madam Wang was not old yet. She would not dare to mention separating from the family unless she did not want to stay in this family anymore.

Madam Zhou smiled and said, “Aiyah, Sister-in-law, you can’t say that. Third Sister-in-law has a lot of difficulties too. Our lives are still better, don’t you think so?”

Madam Li chuckled. “Hehe, that’s true.”

When Madam Zhou said that, she knew that she could not possibly use her to her own advantage. Madam Zhou was very clever.

Both of them had their own plans, and neither spoke again.

Although Madam Wang was detestable and they were all secretly cursing her to die, none of them could be happy if Madam Wang died now.

If Madam Wang were to die now, Old Master Su would definitely have to marry a widow soon. At that point, life would be even harder for them. Therefore, even if they hated her, they still hoped that she would just grow old quickly.

1

As for the third branch, Madam Zhao was no longer pressured by her mother-in-law. It was just that they might not be able to survive the winter in that dilapidated house.

Perhaps the old house would collapse if the snow got too heavy in winter.

… .

Su Sanlang’s family did not know about what happened to Su Xiaozhi.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

As soon as Su Xiaozhi left, Su Sanlang and his two sons continued to flip the soil.

With Su Sanmei taking care of Madam Zhao, Su Sanlang did not have to worry.

After Su Sanlang dug through the ground twice, he looked at the thick piles of grass and grass roots that had been cleared. Hard soil was difficult to dig, and if those grass roots weren’t dug out, then nothing much would grow on this land. Since grass grew faster than grain, he had to dig up all the grass roots at once.

At the end of the day, only a small plot of land had been sorted out. Not even half an acre.

After dinner and washing up, the children went to bed.

Su Sanlang had just lied down when Madam Zhao touched the bloody blisters on his palm. Her heart ached. “Sanlang, let’s take a break tomorrow.”

Su Sanlang smiled and said, “It’s not a big deal. I’m in good health, so it’s not a big deal. It’s just that the ground is a little difficult to dig. But after I deal with it, I won’t have to work so hard next year.”

Madam Zhao stroked the blisters and leaned against Su Sanlang, silently crying.

“Sanlang, starting tomorrow, tell Sanmei not to pick up our eggs and let them hatch into chicks. If things move along fast, we can will chicks in October. If it’s too cold by then, we can raise them in the house.”

1

Madam Zhao began to plan. As long as the eggs in the chicken coop reached a certain amount, the hen would no longer lay eggs.

Recommended for you
Top 35+ wives and girlfriends of famous Footballers
Sponsored by bakehuge