twenty: ﹙guilty as a sin﹚

CHAPTER TWENTY !
guilty as a sin

"contains; nothing-,"—no need to proceed with caution

—no need to proceed with caution

"contains; nothing-,"—no need to proceed with caution

New day, a new court hearing. Matt had woken up early this morning to be able to go to the court hearing with Foggy's guide. Y/n wasn't going to go today, for a reason unknown to Matt; instead of that she was going to the bakery to take her mind off of Elektra.

Sitting down in a full courthouse, The attorney spoke directly at Tepper; "And so, Dr Tepper, the medical examiner's office can confirm that the 15 victims found at the Irish Social Club all died of multiple gunshot wounds."

Nodding his head Tepper confessed to everything, "Yes, that's correct." he studdered before coming clear, "Um, all 15 victims died of wounds inflicted by the same calibre bullet each shot multiple times."

"Thank you." He nodded turning to Matt and sitting down for a second.

"Your witness."

Matt stood up, holding onto his walking stick before listening in on Tepper's every heartbeat in the distance. "Dr Gregory Tepper, how long have you been medical examiner for the city of New York?" Matt questioned the man biting his finger.

"Uh, 14 years, uh, give or take."

"And how many death certificates would you estimate you've signed in that time?"

Suddenly that had gotten the man stumbled, and he stopped in place staring over at Matt while sweat formed on his forehead. Stumbling over his words, "Huh? Um, I don't, uh."

"It's probably in the tens of thousands." Matt casually tried to get into his mind.

"Objection, Your Honor, leading the witness" they had interpreted what she had said to them.

"Mr Murdock..." The judge warned.

Suddenly Tepper interrupted the conversation by saying something, "I have something I need to say."