ten:﹙mastermind﹚

CHAPTER              TEN!
mastermind

"contains; none"—no need to proceed with caution

"contains; none"
—no need to proceed with caution

Inside Ray's garage, a sudden noise echoed through the air, stirring his instincts into high alert. 

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as he swiftly maneuvered through the back of his own house, drawn to the source of the disturbance. With a mix of trepidation and determination, he reached the garage, only to find the door ajar—an entrance he couldn't recall opening himself.

Instinctively, Ray's hand delved into his pocket, clutching onto the reassuring weight of his firearm. 

But before he could react further, a blur of movement intercepted him, disarming him with his weapon. It was Matt, a flash of agility and precision, effortlessly diverting the barrel away from its lethal path. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily upon him, mindful that his children were just upstairs, their safety paramount.

The gun slipped from Ray's grasp, clattering to the ground, as Matt swiftly took control of the situation. 

His sinewy arm pressed firmly against Ray's throat, wedging him against the garage drawers. The pressure applied left Ray gasping for breath, his struggle futile against Matt's superior strength.

A surge of adrenaline coursed through their veins, intensifying the tension in the confined space. Ray's futile attempts to break free were met with the unyielding force of Matt's hold. The strain etched across their faces, each grappling with their own motivations and fears.

In the midst of the confrontation, the silence was punctuated by labored breaths and the faint creaking of the garage's surroundings. It was a moment frozen in time, where Ray found himself caught in the grasp of a relentless vigilante, wrestling with the consequences of his actions.