thirteen:﹙to be silent﹚

CHAPTER       THIRTEEN!
to be silent

"contains; none"— do not proceed with caution

"contains; none"
— do not proceed with caution

"contains; none"— do not proceed with caution

As the morning dawned, Leah succumbed to fatigue and drifted into a deep slumber on the plush couch, forsaking the idea of returning to the comfort of her hotel room. 

Meanwhile, Matthew hastily departed mere moments after Y/n had vacated her bedroom, leaving her with a bitter taste of resentment. When she ventured back into the empty room, her anger toward him intensified.

Seeking solace, Y/n ventured into the kitchen, traversing the path from the downstairs bathroom. 

Clad in a sweater and shorts, her chosen attire served the dual purpose of shielding any telltale marks on her thighs, remnants of the previous night's encounters with Matt, as well as providing a guise behind which she could conjure plausible excuses for the conspicuous bruises adorning her neck.

Once she had made it into the kitchen grabbing things to get herself a cup of coffee. Her phone rang causing her to turn to it, it was an unknown number causing her to look away from it knowing that Fisk was the one calling her from an untraceable phone. 

When she ignored the phone call it just came back up as a missed call causing her to continue on what she was doing. Just for Leah to pop up from the couch tiredly looking over to Y/n on her phone staring at the missing phone call not knowing if she should call Fisk back or not. 

The idea of working with Fisk brought her safety, and mostly Leah's safety but mostly the thing was that it would be betraying Matt who betrayed her more than once already but the people who came along with Matt who didn't do anything to her, like Karen and Foggy.