Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Help. The simple word rang through the head of Kara Zor-El as her eyes opened and she regained consciousness for the first time in years. She looked out the cockpit and cried for help as she noticed that the ship was burning up upon entering the atmosphere.

Suddenly the ship stopped, right there in the sky. The fire went out and the ship finally started floating down towards the surface of the planet below.

Once on the ground Kara watched as a man, silhouetted by the sun, ripped the melted shut cockpit off of the ship. Kara yelled something in kryptonian, she hadn't expected a response so she was surprised when she did get one. The kryptonian held out his hand and Kara quickly took it.

—————————————————————

"Kara Kent stop day dreaming and come down here" The girl quickly flew down from where she was floating and landed beside her cousin.

"Sorry Kal" she gave an apologetic smile

"Not-" the man was quickly cut off by Kara speaking again.

"Right! Sorry Clark, not Kal. Clark until I get used to calling you that in public. I'll remember that one day" she smiled and grabbed her bags from down on the ground before looking around. "This place is pretty low tech..."

"Just one of the reasons living here will help you get used to life on Earth" Clark replied with a smile as he walked towards the house. "Ma! Pa! We're here!"

—————————————————————

"Hmm..." Kara stared at the mirror on the wall, trying to figure out if it was put on the wall correctly. She narrowed her eyes a bit and she yelped as suddenly lasers shot out of her eyes and warped the mirror beyond. She quickly covered her eyes with her hands. "Uh..." she winced at the intense heat. "Kal- I mean Clark!" She called out as she let out a nervous giggle.

"Coming!" Clark called and within a second he was there beside her. He quickly took off his glasses and put them in front of Kara's face. "Hands down"

"But-" Kara stopped herself before slowly lowering her hands, before the lasers could shoot out much Clark placed the glasses on her face and they stopped coming out. "What just happened?" She asked quietly.