Dye

Kara Zor-El smiled as she walked backstage. After one of her few singing performances had ended up recorded and online she had started to get more popular. Batman had been quick to point out she could monetize this and so that's exactly what she did. Ninety percent of the money she made with her performances would go to various worldwide charities while she used the last ten percent to improve Smallville and help the people there.

"Your performance was good!" The girl was told as she entered the backstage room that had been designated to her.

"There were a LOT of people" Kara said excitedly as she looked to her boyfriend.

"People like to see a superhero" (y/n) shrugged. "Especially an attractive one. Some would take any chance to see them"

"Are you speaking from experience there? Is that how you feel about Stargirl?" Kara asked with a teasing smirk.

"No comment" (y/n) replied swiftly. "Point is you were always gonna have a big audience. Don't let this go to your head"

"Go to my head?" Kara asked as she looked at herself in the mirror and fiddled with her hair. "According to you I at times already have an ego the size of Kansas, can it get much bigger?"

"I'm almost afraid to find out" (y/n) replied with a laugh. "So let's avoid that"

"Fine" Kara replied as she ran her hand through one of the pink areas of her hair. "It's starting to fade. I'm thinking of finally letting it"

"How come?" (Y/n) asked quickly, sounding a bit upset.

"I don't know" she shrugged as she stopped touching her hair and put her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket. "I feel like it makes me look less approachable"

"How's that?" The boy asked with a frown, not getting what she was talking about at all.

"You see a six foot something girl on the street with pink and blonde hair. Is that approachable to you?" Kara asked as she turned back to the boy and crossed her arms.

"Kara the only reason I ever talked to you at all is because we sat next to each other in class" (y/n) replied as he was now the one to cross his arms. "After that every friend I've made is due to you"

Kara let out a small laugh as she realized he was right. "I just don't want to look intimidating to people"

"Kara you're a superhero. You're only going to intimidate the bad guys" (y/n) replied as the girl shrugged and sat down on the couch. He sat beside her and she leaned into him. "You're overthinking"

"I suppose so" the girl spoke as she closed her eyes. "We should get out of here"

"Where were you thinking?" (Y/n) asked as he looked over at her.

"Well I do still owe you a date" she smiled as she opened her eyes again and stared into the boys.

"Sounds good to me" (y/n) smiled as Kara sped off the couch and when he saw her in front of the mirror she was wearing a nice modest dress and her wig.

(Y/n) got up and before he even realized it Kara had dressed him up. "That was... efficient" the boy spoke as he was picked up. "Where are we going?"

"Pizza and then to go waste my money on stuff you like" She smiled before running them.

"Sounds perfect!" (y/n) replied with a smile before realizing he was back on the ground and they were walking into the pizza place. "You're getting faster"

"I am" Kara smiled as she held the boys hand and they walked over to a table. "Fastest girl alive"

"Faster than Flash's daughter?" (Y/n) asked curiously.

"Hell yeah I am! Judy has nothing on me" Kara spoke confidently as she sat down, the boy sitting down across from her. "...probably"

"Probably" (y/n) agreed. A moment later a waiter came to them and they ordered.

"So..." Kara spoke after another moment of silence. "You don't think I should stop dying my hair then?"

"Is this conversation just going to be the rest of our day then?" (Y/n) asked as the waiter brought them their drinks.

"I'm surprised you even had to ask" Kara said with a nod of her head.

(Y/n) then shrugged. "I don't know. Go blonde, dye the tips pink, even go full pink, whatever you want sweetheart" the boy sipped his drink.

"I hate how indecisive you can be sometimes" Kara huffed as she grabbed her drink and slurped it all down in less than a second. "How would you feel if every time I asked you something I avoided the question?"

"I don't know" (y/n) shrugged. "let's try it" Kara smiled and waited for the boys question. "Hm..." the boy was silent another moment.

"Decide on a fucking question" Kara glared at the boy before he laughed. Kara glared harder as she realized the boy had been doing it just to annoy her. "Get to it"

"Fine, fine" (y/n) nodded as he took another sip of his drink. "Here's a question. What's your favorite thing about me?"

Kara smiled before speaking. "I don't know!" She said confidently.

(Y/n) frowned. "You're right, that doesn't feel great" Kara laughed quietly but in an evil way. "Now actually answer my question"

"Nope" Kara laughed again as she fiddled with a few strands of her wig. "You're never going to find out now"

"You're the worst" (y/n) huffed as Kara grabbed his hand from across the table and held it in hers.

"I am" Kara confirmed with a nod. "But for some reason you like me"

"I like a lot of people. Don't flatter yourself" (y/n) stuck his tongue out at the girl, only to be shocked when Kara quickly grabbed it with her free hand.

"Yeah but you love me" Kara spoke with a smile. "Right?" The boy nodded after a moment. "Good boy"

Word count: 1032

(Kara's got a lot of things to do in this book. Singer, farmer, cheerleader, what's next? We shall see)