Sports

"Okay... I think we're making this wrong" (y/n) spoke as he threw the smelly food into the otherwise empty garbage can.

"Impossible" Brainiac 5 was quick to reply from where he was attempting to figure out what had gone wrong. "I downloaded all relevant information on the cooking of Chinese food"

(Y/n) shook his head. "Well obviously it wasn't enough" (y/n) sighed before rubbing the bridge of his nose. "That smell... Christ, Brainy. It smells like engine oil"

"That would make sense" Brainy replied, causing the boy to quickly look up at him. "The recipe called for oil so I-"

"Oh you green little man. It meant cooking oil" the aliens face turned to an expression of confusion. "You know, olive oil or vegetable oil or something"

"Ah" Brainy pursed his lips and nodded. "I understand now. So our instructions were inadequate, they should have been more specific"

"Brainy it's common sense! You don't use engine oil to cook" (y/n) shook his head once more. "I don't know about you but us humans can't ingest that sort of oil"

Brainy was silent for a long moment. "The food is for Kara. I have no information in my databanks on Kryptonian dietary restrictions"

It was (y/n) who was silent now as he tried to comprehend the fact that this alien may have thought Kara was a car. "You know what? Unless she says otherwise just assume that her diet is the same as a humans"

"Understood" Brainy nodded simply before looking again to the garbage can. "So are we done with-"

"It's not salvageable at this point" (y/n) replied simply.

"I smell beef and a leaking car" the two quickly turned to see that Kara had stuck her head in the room. "Did you hit a cow?"

"No" (y/n) replied simply before moving out of her view to reveal Brainy.

"Brainiac?" Kara asked with wide eyes before (y/n) could introduce them.

"Brainiac 5" the alien replied simply. "Your Brainiac is an ancestor of mine" he held up his hand to reveal his legion of superheroes flight ring.

"Ah" Kara frowned before seeming to realize something. "Oh! Right. You're Nia's new guy"

"Right" (y/n) nodded as he grabbed Kara's arm and pulled her into the room before Kara could back out of it and head back to the bedroom.

"You wouldn't happen to be able to ingest engine oil would you?" Brainy was quick to ask, drawing a confused look from Kara.

"I- I don't know" Kara frowned as she looked to (y/n) for an explanation. He just shook his head and she frowned even harder.

"A shame" Brainy sighed. "Oh well. I'll add that to my databanks"

"Right, you do that" (y/n) sighed and glanced to Kara. "Want to go out for dinner?"

Kara quickly shook her head. "How about we stay in? I've got some work to do"

"You have work?" (Y/n) asked, unconvinced.

"Kinda?" Kara offered a lopsided and tired smile. "Not a job. Just some housework"

"That's all you do" (y/n) replied as he crossed his arms. "Let's get dinner and then we can play a bit of soccer"

Kara's eyes widened and she smiled. "You never play sports. Especially not with me"

"No I don't. But I'm really hungry and I don't want engine flavored beef" (y/n) replied simply as he entwined his arm with Kara's. "Just promise not to kick the ball at me to roughly"

"Just rough enough" Kara smirked before quickly grabbing her husband's car keys from his pocket. "I'll make sure you enjoy it just as much as I do"

"Right" (y/n) nodded and took his keys before looking to Brainy. "We're going. You do... whatever. Stay here. Go home. Whatever you want"

"Ah, good" Brainy nodded and walked out of the room. "The cluttered nature of the bookshelf in the living room has been a constant nuisance ever since I entered your home"

"Right" (y/n) laughed a bit before he and Kara quickly left the kitchen and made their way to the front door, only stopping to quickly grab a football that their niece had left here after a recent visit.

—————————————————————

"Ah!" (Y/n) yelped as Kara kicked the ball that they had been kicking around. He quickly ducked out of the way, avoiding being hit but at the same time allowing her to score a goal. The two were in a public park, it was late enough that hardly anyone was here.

Kara giggled as she saw her husband fall to the ground. "You're such a little girl! A good goalie would let the ball hit them so I didn't get a point"

"Hey! You're fight, I'm flight. Simple as that" he stood back up and Kara noticed the grass stains now on his pants.

"Oh come on!" She groaned and motioned to the stains. "Those better come out easily"

(Y/n) just shrugged. "This is your fault" he grabbed the soccer ball and kicked it, only for Kara to quickly block the kick and send the ball flying back into (y/n).

Kara gasped and held her hands over her mouth as she watched her husband fall backwards and groan in pain. She burst out into laughter almost immediately.

(Y/n) couldn't help but begin to laugh as well once he heard the girl. "You suck" that just made her laugh even harder.

She fell backwards herself now. She landed on her ass and continued to laugh as she stared at her man, a rash beginning to form on the back of his head where the grass was touching it.

Again this only made Kara laugh more. Of course the boy had told Kara that he was allergic to grass but she had assumed he had been overreacting. She watched as he sat up and began to scratch the rash. "You suck" he repeated one more time, this time he was laughing almost as hard as Kara was.

Word count: 1020

(Happy Kara returns! Will this be a brief return or something more substantial?)