Dance

Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Krypton went walking. When she walks she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gently. "(Y/n)!" Kara waved at her boyfriend as she walked up to the boy who was standing on the street, sipping his milkshake. It had been about a month since the two had gotten together.

She repositioned a lock of her hair behind ear as he smiled at her. "Morning Sweetheart" she looked around to confirm nobody else was around before floating up to be on the boys level before leaving a small kiss on his lips and floating back down.

"Still weird" (y/n) muttered to himself as he put an arm around the girl's shoulder, she pulled him along on her walk with him after that.

"So I was watching a movie" Kara started speaking after a couple minutes of comfortable silence. (Y/n) nodded for her to go on. "And the characters started doing these weird movements together. Looked stupid but fun. What is that?"

(Y/n) considered that question for a moment. "Stupid but fun... well most people look stupid while dancing but they seem to have fun-"

"That's the word they used!" Kara said excitedly. "Dancing! We didn't have that back home"

"Lucky you" (y/n) replied as he pat the girl on the back. "Why do you bring it up?"

"It looked fun" Kara replied with a shrug. "Is there a way to do it without looking stupid?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "I mean you almost always look better if you're dancing with a partner. That being said you still look terrible if you dance like those big city yokels in metropolis or central city"

Kara was just silent for a moment. "Okay then. How do you do it?"

"Do what?" He gave her a confused look.

"Dance" Kara spoke as she rolled her eyes.

"I don't" (y/n) replied as he pulled his arm back from around Kara and put it to his side as he once again sipped his milkshake.

"Oh" Kara frowned. "Okay then"

(Y/n) gave her a look. "Something you want to say?"

Kara shook her head and just fiddled with her thumbs. "Just seems like this 'dancing' thing could have been a fun activity" she whispered as she looked down.

(Y/n) shrugged. "Maybe it could have been" he replied as he waited for her to outright ask her question.

Kara gave him an annoyed look. "You know what I want" (y/n) nodded. "And you're just gonna make me ask?" He nodded again. "Do- would you like to try dancing with me?"

(Y/n) considered that for a moment. "Not really" Kara frowned. "But I suppose I'll try anyways"

Kara smiled widely before jumping at the boy and enveloping him in a hug.

—————————————————————

"Okay so how do we do this?" Kara asked as she held her hand out towards the boy who was sitting with a bored expression on his face. He sighed before taking her hand, causing her to pull him to his feet.

"I don't know" (y/n) shrugged as Kara pulled him closer and put her arms around his waist. "This feels a bit backwards"

"Feels right to me" Kara shrugged as the boy sighed and put his arms behind Kara's neck. "See? Feels right" she started swaying a bit and the boy followed. "Are we doing it? Is this dancing?"

"I don't know" (y/n) shrugged. "I think so"

Kara frowned as they kept going. "It's kinda boring"

(Y/n) smirked a bit. "So you don't like being so close to me?"

Kara let out a small laugh. "That's the only reason I'm even still doing this"

"In that case can we stop?" (Y/n) asked causing Kara to frown. "Let's go lay down on the couch"

Kara nodded slowly. "Alright" she began floating before quickly pulling the boy into her arms and flying them over towards the couch. She lay down with the boy on top of her.

"Okay... so your flying does have some good uses" (y/n) rolled his eyes as he lay his face against Kara's.

Kara nodded as she kissed the boys cheek. She wrapped her arms around the boy once more as she held him close. "Don't get touchy" (y/n) muttered as he felt one of Kara's hands move a bit to far down.

"Don't tell me I got the only non-horny teenage human" Kara laughed as she moved her hand up and away from where it had been.

"Please don't talk about my son that way while I'm home" Kara's head quickly turned at the sound of Lana Lang's voice and she realized that she had just walked in the room.

(Y/n) groaned and just buried his face in Kara's neck so he didn't have to look at his mother.

"Sorry" Kara let out a nervous laugh as she rubbed the boys back.

"And if you do end up doing it make sure you're careful-"

"Mom!" (Y/n) groaned as he buried his face deeper in Kara's neck.

"No. This is important so you better listen" (y/n) groaned while Kara just blushed. "Kara is a kryptonian. She isn't careful and she'll accidentally snap you in half"

(y/n)'s head quickly popped up and away from Kara as he heard that. "What?"

"She's new to this planet and you know how much she struggles not to use her powers. Just imagine what would happen if she lost control during sex" Lana raised an eyebrow as the boy simultaneously blushed and shivered at the idea.

Kara stayed silent until a moment later. "I think I could control myself if it's something this important"

(Y/n) quickly shook his head. "Nope. Not risking that. Thanks mom" Lana nodded before walking back out of the room.

"But-"

"No. Bad Kara" (y/n) shook his head as he sat up and got off of Kara.

Kara frowned but nodded. "You realize I'm going to find a way to make this work right?"

"Feel free to try" (y/n) shrugged as he walked to a different chair and sat down.

Word count: 1056

(Anyone know what song the first two sentences of this chapter were referencing? Favorite scenes of the chapter? Thoughts on major time skips?)