A Busy Morning

Kara Zor-El zipped through the streets of Smallville. She ran into the bakery, swiping a large box of freshly baked doughnuts and leaving fifty dollars as payment. She still hadn't gotten the hang of human currency but that seemed like enough money for the box.

Clark had been encouraging her to get more involved in the community for a while now. She knew he hadn't meant as a hero but it was easier for her.

Kara quickly stopped running as she arrived at the Smallville summer camp. She had been taking the kids flying over the past couple days.

She pulled off the sunglasses which she now used to make sure she didn't accidentally get bugs in her eyes when running and put them in her jacket pocket. She then proceeded to put the box down in the room which would soon be full before putting her glasses back on and running out and back towards the main road.

Soon enough Kara was working on filling in the potholes. She melted some concrete with her heat vision before letting it fill in the holes and dry. It wouldn't work as a permanent solution but it would do until the town got to working on it.

Once done with the roads Kara was quick to make she way to her boyfriend house and sit down at the table seconds before he walked into the kitchen.

"Busy morning?" The boy yawned as he noticed Kara in her super suit.

"Busy is one way to put it" Kara replied as she pulled off her sunglasses and put them on the table. "If I don't get the key to the city for everything I've done over the past week and a half I'm gonna blame sexism" she spoke as she undid her ponytail and let her hair down.

"Well Clark has one so I'm sure you'll get it soon enough" (y/n) spoke as he pat the girl on the head. "You're almost as great as he is"

"Almost?!" Kara asked with an offended look as she turned to look at the boy who was pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

"Kara, he's Superman" (y/n) let out an amused laugh.

"And I'm Supergirl" Kara replied as she crossed her arms.

"And maybe in time you'll surpass him" (y/n) spoke as he rolled his eyes. "If it's any consolation you're still hotter"

Kara huffed. "Fine" she spoke as she looked down at her sunglasses. "You're to honest sometimes"

"I know" (y/n) spoke as he sat down on Kara's lap, facing her. "But you love that" he spoke as he ate a spoonful of his cereal.

"Sometimes" Kara replied as she shook her head. "Can I have some?" The boy nodded and gave her the next spoonful of cereal.

"Do you even need to eat?" (Y/n) asked as Kara chewed.

"Nope" she responded as she once again shook her head and swallowed. "Not on this planet"

"So why do you?" (Y/n) asked as he ate the next spoonful of cereal.

"I like to and I can't get fat here" She said simply as she shrugged once more. "I also don't need sleep although I don't let that stop me"

"Fair enough" (y/n) shrugged.

After a few more minutes they were done eating. Kara put her Sunglasses back on before grabbing the boy and holding him close. "Let's go"

Before the boy even realized it they were soon standing in front of the house Kara was building for them. "Over the night I had some leaguers pitch in. We got the electricity and the water up and running"

"Well that's nice of them" (y/n) replied as he walked towards the newly painted house. "So is the house ready then?"

Kara was silent for a moment. "If you consider an empty house that hasn't been given a safety inspection ready" she shrugged as she walked up behind the boy and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm not letting you inside until it's finished but how do you feel about the outside?"

"I think it looks great" (y/n) replied as he leaned back into the girls grip. "Still weird that this is happening but great"

"Good" Kara smirked as she kissed the back of the boys head.

Word count: 749

(I know this is short for me but whatever. I'm setting this story and others to complete until they fix whatever glitch is deleting stuff that isn't complete)