Kara Makes A Friend

(In true Nia Nal spirit I was tired all day. I even randomly fell asleep, hence this coming out so late compared to my usual times)

"Ms. Nal, is this class boring you?" The teacher looked down at the girl who had just transferred into the school and was already sleeping through her class. Her head quickly shot up causing a few of her classmates to chuckle at her predicament.

"Poor girl" (y/n) muttered to Kara as they watched the new girl try to explain to the cruel teacher that she had some sort of condition that made her fall asleep at inappropriate times.

"She's about to fall asleep again" (y/n) glanced at Kara with a confused look. "I can hear her eye lids slowly closing" just as she said that Nia's head quickly fell back to the table.

"Poor girl" (y/n) shook his head as he repeated his previous statement.

The teacher rolled her eyes before going back to teaching.

Kara spent another minute staring at the sleeping girl while (y/n) payed attention to the teacher. Something felt strange about her...

"Kara?" She quickly turned to look at her boyfriend. "Something wrong?"

"I-" Kara stared at Nia for another moment, listening and smelling as well. "No. No everything is fine"

"Alright then" the boy whispered as he went back to watching the teacher write on the whiteboard.

Kara stared at Nia for another moment before realizing what the strange feeling was. "I think I want to be her friend"

(y/n) quickly looked down at Kara, she had yet to make any friends beside him. "That's great!" He whispered as he grabbed her hand in his. She nodded slowly. "Want me to help you with that?"

"Yes please" she replied as she started feeling nervous and gently squeezed the boys hand.

—————————————————————

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty" Nia Nals head quickly shot up as she felt a freezing cold hand shake her by her shoulder. She quickly turned her head and noticed two others. "Mind if we sit here?"

"Sure" she offered a tired smile as she rubbed her eyes with her right hand. The boy and girl nodded before sitting across the table from her with their food. Nia took this time to be grateful that when she had fallen asleep her head hadn't landed in her food. "I'm Nia. Nia Nal"

The boy nodded before motioning to the two of them. "(Y/n) Lang and Kara Kent" he spoke as Kara opened her lunch bag and unpacked it. "We aren't usually social but she's also newish here so she knows how it feels and didn't want you to be lonely"

Kara gave (y/n) a quick smile, thankful for his doing what he could to make her seem like a good friend. She actually hadn't even considered what he was saying. However it was a bit unnerving how easily he lied. All this she thought in less than a second.

Nia quickly shot Kara a thankful smile which Kara returned with one of her own. "Well I appreciate it. Sorry if I seem a bit out of it. I-"

"Sleep condition" Kara nodded. "We sat behind you last class"

Nia nodded. "Believe it or not it's actually getting a bit better" she picked up a bread roll from her plate and bit into it. Her face scrunched up "that's no good"

"Yeah, I'd advise bringing lunch from home from now on" (y/n) replied with a shrug as he took a bite of a strawberry that he had just taken out of its container in his lunch box.

"Duly noted" Nia gave the boy a small smile as she put down her food back on the plate. "So what do you guys do around here for fun?"

(Y/n) and Kara glanced at each other before both shrugging. "It's Smallville" (y/n) said as if that explained it all while Kara said something very different. "lots of kissing?" (Y/n) repeated her words as he face palmed.

"Oookay then" Nia nodded, not sure how to respond to that. "... like kiss each other or just kiss people in general?"

"Each other" Kara quickly spoke as she wrapped her arm around (y/n). "He's my boyfriend" she placed a kiss on his cheek as he ignored her and ate another strawberry.

"Ah. Now it makes sense" Nia smiled as she covered her mouth before letting out a yawn. "I'm just gonna..." the girl trailed off as her head slowly fell and landed back on the table.

"Nia?" Kara leaned towards the girl and debated on waking her before deciding against it and continuing to eat her food.

"She seems nice" (y/n) spoke after a minute of them eating in silence.

"Yeah. Cute too, like a puppy" Kara nodded as she heard Nia begin to quietly, almost imperceptibly, snore. She was certain she was the only one who could hear it.

—————————————————————

"Doing cool stuff. Flying around-" Kara sang her stupid song as she looked for crime to stop.

"You know how you like to sang?" Kara quickly held her phone back up to her ear so she could hear better. "You stink at it. Mind if I hang up?"

Kara huffed as she stopped singing. "You've been mean since you froze to death"

"I've always been mean" (y/n) replied with a laugh. "You knew that. I guess my quirks just finally trumped my perkiness"

Kara made a weird face but shrugged it off. "You're such a weirdo"

"Your weirdo" (y/n) quickly corrected before making a boop noise and hanging up the phone.

"He hung up on me!" Kara laughed a bit as she kept flying and started singing once again.

Word count: 1000

(My Nia Nal hype is back up after seeing her in the latest episode of the flash. First episode of the season which didn't feel like a chore to watch. She's literally the entire reason I even decided to watch the season)