Shoulders

Kara Kent watched with a smile as her fiancée, that word still made her giddy, looked around their recently repaired home. "It's like it was never crushed by a giant delicious cake" he smiled as he turned to look at Kara again.

Kara took his hand in hers and kissed it, this was just another excuse for her to look at the ring she had made for the boy after the first one had been turned into a ring pop. This one looked exactly like the ring pop but would last forever since it wasn't food. "I'm just glad most of the stuff here was salvageable"

(Y/n) smiled back at Kara before pulling his hand back. "Unfortunately I can't make one like you can-" he started as he pulled a box from his pocket with his other hand. "-but I still think your hand would look good with one more ring on it"

Kara smiled as the boy opened the box and she laughed as she saw what was inside. It was a ring that matched his and must have been made by Kal-El, the difference between the two being that while his was pink and red hers was two different shades of blue.

"I love it!" Kara gasped as she put her hand out and the boy slipped the ring onto her finger. "I love you"

"I love you too" (y/n) smiled as he stood on the tips of his toes and kissed Kara's forehead. "Won't be able to do this much longer"

Kara frowned before breaking into a smirk. "Yeah..." she spoke before quickly kissing the boy like he had just don't to her. "But now I can do it!"

"That's kinda nice actually" (y/n) smiled as Kara grabbed her wig and quickly led the boy outside by the hand. "Where are we going?"

"To do something you've always wanted to do" the overall clad girl spoke with a smirk before quickly lifting him carefully and running them into town and into an alleyway.

He quickly looked around before giving Kara a confused look. She just smirked before lifting the boy onto her shoulders. "You said when I was taller than you that you'd like to ride on my shoulder in public without people suspecting me of being supergirl" she spoke as she put her wig on. "So we're doing this!"

(Y/n) chuckled happily as he held onto Kara's head while she walked out of the alleyway as she held the boys legs to keep him still. They gained a few odd looks from bystanders but (y/n) didn't care and Kara was just happy the boy was enjoying himself.

"Have anywhere you want to go or are we just walking?" Kara asked as she looked directly up at the boy.

"Well we should probably tell people about this" (y/n) spoke as he held up his hand with the ring. "So let's just walk until we see people we know"

Kara smiled up at the boy. "Good, I like to show you off. I don't get to do it enough" she spoke before once again looking ahead and resuming her walking.

"You kidding? I'm the one who's showing off here. You're marrying down sweetheart" (y/n) laughed as he ran his hands through the hair of her wig.

"Well then I'd like to see who wouldn't be considered marrying down because I can't imagine anyone better than you" Kara replied with a playful tone of voice.

"Kara, sweetheart, you're ruining my self deprecation" (y/n) replied as he pat her head.

"You're welcome" Kara replied before they passed a few more people and she waved at them. "The only person who can deprecate you is me"

(Y/n) rolled his eyes but kept smiling as he enjoyed the feeling of being super tall. "Whatever you say Barbie" (y/n) replied as he went back to playing with her wig. "Although I prefer you boosting my ego instead of tearing what little I have down"

"Your girlfriend is a superhero" Kara spoke quietly. "That alone should give you an ego the size of Kansas"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment. "I'd still appreciate you boosting it more"

"Whatever you say Sunshine" Kara spoke as she once again stopped walking and looked up at the boy. "And how exactly do you want me to go about that?"

"I don't know" (y/n) shrugged as he reached down and booped Kara's nose. "I still don't even get why you love me so I'm not the one to ask about how to boost my ego"

Kara frowned as she continued to look up at the boy. "You really don't know why I love you?" She asked which prompted the boy to shrug. "I love you because you're you. You helped me adjust to this world after mine was destroyed, you make me happy when I'm sad, you give me strength even in my darkest moments, and even through the worst times of our relationship you still tried. All those reasons and many more are why I love you and how I know I will continue to love you forever"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment before smiling down at Kara. "See that's how you boost a guys ego" he spoke, making Kara laugh. "Thank you Kara"

"You're very welcome (y/n)" she responded with a smile of her own. "That explanation was long overdue" she looked back at the sidewalk in front of her and continued walking.

Word count: 937

(Felt the need for another cute chapter after the last one)