Heart To Heart

"Rise and shine sleepy head, half the town is probably dead" (y/n)'s eyes quickly shot open after those words rang through his head, he didn't know if he had thought it or if it was something else.

"Good morning Sunshine" Kara spoke as she heard him wake up. She turned from where she had been sitting at his desk, waiting for him to wake up after she got here. She was wearing her white T-shirt and overalls.

"Sunshine?" (Y/n) asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah..." Kara blushed a bit as she rubbed the back of her neck. "You know... I get my power from the sun... and you make me feel- never mind. It's not important-" she was quickly cut off as the boy got out of bed and spoke.

"It's adorable Kara" he gave her a kind smile as he walked over to her. "But I warn you, if you keep calling me that you must get better at singing. Because I will force you to sing You Are My Sunshine to me"

Kara smiled widely before nodding. "Deal! I asked Black Canary to teach me anyways last time I saw her" she grabbed the boys arm before pulling him into a kiss.

"Mm!" He pulled back and gave her a confused look. "You're being more gentle than usual. What's up with you?"

"I..." Kara sighed as she once again rubbed the back of her head. "I may have over exerted myself last night. Took a Kryptonite laser to the face... still hurts"

"Oh my poor baby!" (y/n) reached up and held her face in his hands, she relished the feeling of the touch. "How did you even get in a situation with kryptonite?"

"Clark invited me over for dinner to meet his girlfriend... Lex Luthor attacked right after the whole thing" (y/n) gently kissed her forehead. "What did you do last night?"

(Y/n) tried to reply but he honestly had no clue. He didn't really want to know either. "Nothing I can remember" he shrugged.

Kara nodded. "So I did what you suggested" (y/n) gave her a confused look. "Stole from Luthor"

"When did I suggest this?" (Y/n) asked as he looked at her like she was crazy.

"A while ago" she shrugged. "Point is I took this after we beat his ass! Not like he'll need it while he's in prison" She held up a lightbulb.

"That's a lightbulb" (y/n) said confidently.

"This is a lightbulb" Kara nodded as she flew up to the boys lamp. "A red sun lightbulb"

"You mean-" (y/n) grabbed Kara's hand before she could switch the bulbs and pulled her back down to the ground. "That'll take your powers?"

"As long as I'm not exposed to yellow sunlight" Kara replied as she looked at the boy again. "You don't look as excited as I feel" she frowned.

"Kara nobody is ever as excited as you feel. You are a special blend of saint and bunny" the girl glared at him but he went on anyways. "Look, I just feel we should wait on this"

"Oh I didn't intend to do it now!" Kara spoke like he was nuts. "The sun is coming in through the windows. It wouldn't work well. I was just gonna swap it for later use"

"I-"

"Oh come on!" Kara spoke as she took his hand in her own and placed it on her chest. "We can do whatever you want"

"What I want is for you to go to your cousins big ice thingy and ask those robots how to deal with this condition of yours" he knew it was a mistake to say that the second he said it.

Kara frowned and let go of his hand causing it to fall back to his side. "You don't like me the way I am?"

"Of course I do!" (Y/n) replied as he grabbed her hand, he tried to pull her closer but she didn't budge. "I just-" he didn't really know what to say. "Look. You're... very excitable... sexually... meanwhile I'm more hesitant... am I making sense"

Kara just glared at the boy.

"Look my point is, you tend to try to force me into things and... well it makes me uncomfortable" Kara's glare softened and she nodded. "And it's not like I could easily stop you if you decide to try and push things along you know? You have super strength for gods sake"

"I wouldn't-" Kara started before she remembered the few instances she had groped him or done things of that nature without asking. "Okay..."

"Look I want to be with you, you know that. I just also want to feel comfortable with this relationship" Kara nodded slowly as she fiddled with the lightbulb in her hand. "And I know it's hard to control-"

"No you don't" Kara spoke quietly, causing the boy to be quiet, as she shook her head. "This condition- she frowned as she shook her head. I had a easier version of this on Krypton but once I got here it's like it was heightened like my senses were. You know I don't have friends besides you and Nia right? The whole reason for that is because I don't even trust myself around other people! I'm a social person (y/n)! It's killing me not having friends but-" she started to cry  and (y/n) pulled her into a hug. "but I don't want to do something that'll screw us up... I don't want to cheat on you... I've been to the fortress of solitude. I asked about this. The only medication for it died with Krypton, there are treatments, ways to make it slightly better but it would still take years!" She cried harder into the boys chest.

"Oh Kara" (y/n) rubbed her back as she continued to cry into him. "I didn't realize it was this bad" he held her close as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Of course you didn't" Kara sniffled as she pulled back a bit and looked up at him. "I'm good at keeping secrets. I didn't want to worry you"

(Y/n) reached for her face and wiped her tears away but they were soon replaced by new ones. "You are Kara Zor-El, my favorite person on this planet. I'll always be worried about you so you may as well tell me everything so that I can do my best to help"

Kara sniffled again as she once again buried her face in his chest. "It's not like you tell me everything either" those words hit the boy hard. "Something's been up with you the past week or so"

(Y/n) considered this, trying to find a way to talk without blacking out. "Kara- I-" he sighed. "Look, I can't tell you everything" it was like he could feel her frown into his chest. "I want to- but every time I even try to explain what's going on I black out for the next few hours" he decided that was probably all he could say without blacking out.

Kara quickly backed up and looked at the boy. "This sounds serious"

"It is" (y/n) replied with a nod. "But I can't say more right now. I'm sorry"

Kara nodded as she stared into his eyes. "Does it have something to do with why your eyes change color?" (Y/n) gave her a confused look. "At first I thought it was just a human thing but I've never seen anyone else do it"

"Maybe?" (Y/n) shrugged. "Look Kara I can't say more. I don't want to black out" Kara nodded. (Y/n) decided now was a good time to go back to the last topic. "I can't say I'm comfortable with it but... I'd be willing to try-"

Kara shook her head quickly, confusing the boy. "Not if you're not comfortable. I don't want our first time to essentially be rape"

"Well I want to help alleviate these feelings as well" (y/n) spoke as Kara took his hand in both of hers.

"Then how about-" Kara went silent for a second. "How about you just start small?" (Y/n) gave her a confused look as she once again lead his hand to her chest. "Maybe if we're cuddling you could cop a feel every once in a while? Build our way up you know?"

(Y/n) hesitated for a moment. "Yeah. Yeah I can try that" he nodded as Kara lifted his hand to her mouth and kissed it.

"Thank you" she gave him a large smile, it meant a lot to her knowing he was going out of his comfort zone to help her. "I-I love you (y/n)"

"I love you too Kara" she leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the lips before pulling away once more.

Word count: 1500

(I am really happy with this chapter. Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes? Favorite parts?