Milkshakes

(Busy tomorrow so two chapters now. Posting them this early because I want to read comments before I have to leave instead of waiting until Sunday to know how people feel about these chapters)

"(Y/n)-" Kara recoiled a bit as she entered the boys house and saw he was for whatever reason wearing a silver bowl on his head. "What's with the bowl?"

(Y/n) shrugged as he took the bowl off and looked it over. "My cousin came to visit. I was assigned the ever so annoying opportunity to play with him" he flung the bowl over to the couch.

"But why the bowl?" Kara asked once again as she kept looking at him funny.

"I was the Flash" the boy said as if that explained everything.

"But the Flash doesn't wear a bowl" Kara replied.

"The original one did. The best one" (y/n) replied as if Kara should have known that. "Silver hat with little gold wings on the side"

Kara continued to look at the boy funnily before just shrugging and walking past him. "To early. Need coffee"

(Y/n) frowned. "That may just be the most American thing that has ever passed through your lips"

"Glad I'm starting to fit in" Kara walked into the kitchen and found a no longer warm cup of coffee Lana must have left for her. She looked to make sure (y/n) wasn't watching before quickly heating it with her heat vision. "So what now?" She asked as she walked back to the boy and started sipping her drink.

(Y/n) gave her a confused look. "I assumed since you just barged in here you had something you wanted"

"Nope. Just wanted coffee" Kara replied with a shrug.

"And you couldn't get it at home?" (Y/n) asked with a confused look.

Kara quickly stopped sipping her drink and lowered it. "I can have coffee at home?"

"I would assume so" (y/n) replied as he gave her a confused look.

"Huh" Kara nodded slowly. "Good to know. Good to know" she took another sip. "But since I'm here anyways wanna go do something?"

"Sure. Let's hang out" (y/n) shrugged and Kara looked confused.

"You mean like... hang out of a tree?"

"It's an expression Kara" (y/n) shook his head. "It means let's spend time together"

"Oh!" Kara got an excited look. "That sounds better than hanging from a tree. How about you show me what you do for fun in Smallville?"

"I mean I usually just watch TV" (y/n) motioned to the tv in the living room. Kara got a less excited look. "But I guess we could go into town" Kara once again looked excited. "How about milkshakes?"

"What are milkshakes?" Kara gave a confused look.

—————————————————————

"I love milkshakes!" Kara squealed excitedly as she and (y/n) walked together and she took another sip of the drink. "I can't believe these aren't the first things Clark showed me here!"

"That boy doesn't have his priorities straight" (y/n) laughed as Kara nodded in agreement while she continued to drink through the straw.

"So" Kara began as she lowered the drink so she could speak. "I didn't know you were a superhero guy"

(Y/n) frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well earlier you showed a bias to this so called original Flash. I assume since you have a bias that that means you like superheroes?" Kara moved closer and bumped the boy gently with her shoulder. "Who's your favorite?"

(Y/n) considered that for a moment. "Stargirl"

Kara gave a confused look. She had met lots of Kal-El's colleagues but she hadn't met her. "Who?"

"A small town hero mostly, JSA member too" Kara nodded although she had no clue what that meant. "I've actually met her, she was nice"

"Oh?" Kara asked with a smile. "How'd that happen?"

"Our schools football team went up against their towns team. They came here and apparently so did she. I didn't think much of it but maybe she was one of the cheerleaders?" (y/n) shrugged once more.

"Anyways there was this big monster and her and Superman kicked it's ass" he gently nudged Kara the way she had just bumped him. "Should I assume by the shirt that he's your favorite?"

"For now" Kara smiled as she took another sip of her drink. "But the current Flash is kinda cute so who knows"

"Oh? That's how you pick favorites then?" (Y/n) let out a small laugh.

"Sometimes" Kara shrugged. "But come on, you do it too" (y/n) gave her a look telling her to go on. "Oh come on! You say this stargal is your favorite and then say she may have been a cheerleader? You need to be pretty for that"

"Stargirl" (y/n) quickly corrected the girl. "But I get your point"

"Good" Kara nodded before taking another drink. She quickly yelled before grabbing her head. "Ah! My brain is attacking me!" She looked at the boy with a look of pure fear, this was the first pain of any sort that she had felt since coming to this planet and she wasn't used to it anymore.

"Hey! Hey, it's fine" (y/n) quickly took Kara's head in his hands and looked at her. "It's just a brain freeze, means you drank to much to quickly. It should stop any moment now"

Kara closed her eyes and nodded. "Okay. Okay" she whimpered at the pain before it finally went away.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked back into the boys eyes. "Better?" He asked and she slowly nodded. "Good"

Kara nodded again. "Can you please let go of my face?" She asked quietly and raised her drink again before taking a much slower sip.

"Hm?" The boy realized he was still holding onto Kara. "Oh! Sorry" he pulled away.

"It's fine" Kara gave the boy a small smile. "You're very good at being comforting"

(Y/n) returned her smile and nodded. "Always happy to help. You looked really terrified"

Kara looked down, a bit ashamed of herself. She hadn't expected to ever feel pain again and she most certainly hadn't expected her food to cause it. "Yeah. Sorry"

"Nothing to apologize for!" (Y/n) quickly spoke. "I didn't- I just meant- ah I don't know. I'm sorry, didn't realize you didn't know about brain freeze"

"I-" Kara shook her head. "I think I may have had it once as a kid. I just didn't expect it. I'll be ready next time"

"Good" he nudged Kara with his shoulder as they resumed walking. "But let's just drink slowly shall we?" The boy smiled as Kara did what he was saying. "Avoid the brain freeze altogether"

Kara nodded and gave the boy another little smile as she sipped her drink through the straw.

Word count: 1174

(It physically hurt me not to have the MC's favorite hero be Batman, however in this world they don't know enough about him for that to have been possible)