Driving

(Y/n) Lang finished buttoning up his shirt as he reached the bottom of the stairs. "Good morning" he spoke as he entered the kitchen where Imra Ardeen and Kara Kent sat in their super suits. "Just get back from heroing?"

"We did" Kara nodded with a smile as she bit into her bagel.

"How'd you sleep?" Imra asked as she sipped her orange juice.

"Like a baby" (y/n) replied, causing Imra to frown.

"You woke up and cried multiple times through the night?"

"It's an expression, not literal" (y/n) replied as he shook his head. "I slept well" he spoke before grabbing a muffin and walking out of the kitchen. "I'm going, ciao!"

"Wait where are you going?!" Kara called after the boy, the only answer she got was the sound of the front door closing.

Kara watched with her X-Ray vision as the boy got into his car and started driving away. "Where are you going?" She whispered.

"Is this going to be the rest of your day then?" Imra asked as she watched Kara stand up.

"I'm surprised you had to ask" Kara spoke as she started walking towards the door. "Feed Streaky for me!"

"Got it!" Imra nodded as she finished her drink.

—————————————————————

Kara watched from the sky as her boyfriend drove. He had been driving for an hour already and he hadn't even stopped the car yet. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked even though she knew the boy couldn't hear her.

It didn't even occur to the girl as she watched that the boy was just enjoying himself by driving his car like a child would play with a toy.

"I'm so bored" Kara yelled towards the sky. She sighed before flying down towards the car and gently landing on the roof. She lay down, her legs curled up to her chest, and stared into the sky as the car continued to drive down the road. "This was such a waste of time" she whispered with a small groan.

The car continued to drive for another half an hour before the boy pulled it into the driveway of their home.

He got out of the car and was startled when he saw Kara laying on the roof. "What are you doing there?" He asked as the girl slowly sat up.

"I was curious where you were going" Kara replied as she pouted. "You are a very disappointing person"

"Oh I'm sorry to disappoint" the boy rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. "Try again on Thursday. That's the day I meet up with my mistress" he offered Kara his hand before helping her down off of the vehicle.

"Ha ha ha" Kara laughed sarcastically as she stretched out. "Seriously though you just went out for a drive?"

"I like driving" (y/n) replied as he took his hand back from the costumed girl.

"Yeah I learned that today" Kara responded as she walked past the boy and towards the house. "I'm going to go do something fun"

"Cool. Guess I'll read then" the boy shrugged as he also walked towards the house.

—————————————————————

Imra Ardeen at her desk by the door to Ted Kord's office at Kord Industries. She was typing on her computer, a prehistoric device which still after all her time here amazed her that she was using.

"Hey Imra" she looked up and smiled as Michael Carter walked in with his full Booster Gold costume on. "Is Ted in?"

"Nope" Imra replied as she closed her laptop. "He's out to lunch with some stockholders. Should be back in..." she glanced at her watch. "Half an hour"

"Cool... cool" Michael nodded as he glanced around before spitting a couch. "Mind if I stick around?"

"The more the merrier" Imra replied with a nod as she watched the man walk over to the couch. "I finished what work I had today about twenty minutes ago so unless something comes up my plan was just to look on Amazon for things I want but can't afford"

"Been there" Michael replied as he shook his head. "I bought a glow in the dark aquarium. I don't even have any fish!"

"Huh" Imra nodded slowly. "So what do you do with it?"

"Nothing. It just sits there and looks neat" Michael shrugged as he sighed. "I should probably return it"

"Probably" Imra slowly agreed.

Word count: 750

(This is a short one but my brain was on empty when writing it)