Paddington

"What're you watching?" Kara sat down on the couch beside her boyfriend, not drawing his attention from the TV.

"The news. Something about a robbery. Some ic-"

"Boring!" Kara grabbed the remote and changed the channel to a show she had grown to like recently.

(Y/n) looked at the tv and then finally at Kara. "I'm- are you wearing my moms jacket?"

"Looks better on me" Kara shrugged as she looked down at the blue jacket before putting on her hat.

"Except for the fact that you're wearing pants you look like Paddington Bear" (y/n) replied as he rolled his eyes.

"I can change that if you'd like" Kara smirked before changing her expression to one of confusion. "Am I supposed to know who Paddington Bear is?"

(Y/n) sighed and shook his head. "When you ask questions like that I don't know why I date you"

"It's because I'm a cutie pie!" Kara leaned towards the boy and planted a kiss on his nose.

"Yeah... you are" (y/n) put his arm around the girl and pulled her close. She snuggled into his cold embrace.

—————————————————————

The two had fallen asleep while watching TV but when Kara woke up (y/n) was gone. She however didn't give this much thought.

Kara slowly got up, picking up the hat which had fallen to the floor, before walking to the window and looking outside to see that the sun had set as she put the hat back on her head.

"Ma and Pa called" Kara quickly turned to see Lana walking into the room. "I told them you'd fallen asleep on the couch"

"Thanks" Kara spoke as she yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Where's (y/n)?"

Lana just shrugged as she walked into the kitchen. "He was gone by the time I got home"

"Weird" Kara shrugged it off as she walked towards the door. "I should probably go. Thanks for having me" before Lana could reply Kara was outside and flying. She had left Lana's coat on the couch.

Within moments the blonde was floating, somehow still wearing her hat, staring from above down at the state of Kansas. She closed her eyes and listened carefully for any crimes or anyone that could use her help. "Help!" Her eyes quickly shot open. "Tom!" Kara quickly flew down in the direction of the child's voice.

Kara quickly spotted the screaming girl staring into a tree. She noticed a cat sitting with a scared look in a tree. "Oh" she was a bit disappointed but she shrugged the disappointment away as she floated down to the tree. "Come here kitty. Pspspsps" the cat quickly jumped into Kara's arms.

Kara quickly floated down to the ground and held the cat out to the child. The kid quickly snatched her cat back before glaring at Kara. "My mama says not to talk to strangers"

"She sounds like a smart lady" Kara nodded in approval of the mothers parenting.

"Mama also says that whores who dress in tiny clothes like yours go to hell" Kara blinked as she took a moment to process that. She didn't know what a whore was but it sounded like something bad.

"I-" Kara shook her head. "I don't know how to respond to that" she slowly started floating upwards once again. "Bye"

"Bye Supergirl" the kid waved as Kara flew away.

"Oh Rao, that was awkward" Kara shook her head as she tried to figure out what a whore was. Maybe Ma and Pa had a dictionary, she'd check when she got home. First though she had to find (y/n) and stop more crime.

As she flew slowly she listened again for crime. She quickly stopped a couple car crashes before she finally heard gunshots. It took her a second to realize that shouldn't excite her.

Once she had landed Kara found herself at Smallville's oldest bank. Two security guards on the ground, luckily neither were dead despite the holes in their sides. Kara quickly looked them over but it seemed like whatever they'd been stabbed with hadn't even left a clue of what they could be.

Kara quickly used her X-ray vision on the bank but it seemed whoever had robbed it was gone and everyone inside were unconscious but alive. She quickly turned back to the guards before picking them both up and speeding them to the hospital.

—————————————————————

"Ah! Here you are" (y/n) was quickly jolted out of his sleep by Kara's voice, his eyes a light blue for only a moment although Kara didn't notice. "Oh, sorry" she watched as the boy sat up and yawned, his eyes now back to normal.

"Yeah. I must have moved up to my room at some point" he muttered as he rubbed his eyes, taking a moment to be startled by how cold his hands were, hopefully he'd get used to it soon. "How was your night?" He assumed from the fact that she had come in through his window that she had been doing hero stuff.

"What's a whore?" (Y/n) gave her a confused look. "A little girl called me one"

(Y/n) took a moment to consider that. "Well it means a few things. The nicest definition is probably: a promiscuous or immoral woman"

Kara frowned. "And the rudest?"

"A person who engages in sexual intercourse for pay; a prostitute" Kara's frown deepened as (y/n) took a moment to chuckle at her reaction.

"I don't like that word" Kara huffed as she took off her cape and draped it over a chair. "Can I sleep here with you?"

"Are you going to sexually harass me?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms. Kara seemed to consider this for a second before shaking her head as she took off her hat and threw it onto the desk. "Come lay down"

Kara smiled before quickly sliding off her boots and throwing them across the room as she flew to the bed and landed laying down beside her boyfriend. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight supergirl" (y/n) wrapped his arms around her as he closed his eyes and let out a cold breath.

Word count: 1051

(Favorite scene? Mine is the kid who called Kara a whore. Decided since we're in Kansas we needed some religious Christians)