Later

Kara Kent-Lang flinched as she reappeared in the middle of a field in only her overalls and saw her damaged arm. It was much worse than it had seemed when she couldn't see it. She soaked in the solar rays as she stood and looked around for her husband. Her vision was obscured as blood trickled down and fell into her eye. She wiped the blood away with her thumb and proceeded to suck her thumb to clean it.

(Y/n) was lying on the ground beside her when she finally noticed him. "We're finally out of there" he laughed happily as he slowly sat up.

"We are" Kara lowered her hand back to her side and laughed as well although she still sounded like she didn't totally believe it and she could break down at any moment. She carefully stood up, careful not to move her bleeding arm too much.

"Oh shit" (y/n) noticed her arm and head and stood up to get a better look at it. "You look like you were attacked by a bear Kara!"

The girl didn't respond as she finally felt her strength beginning to return albeit slowly. "Kal-El!" She called out loudly before breaking into a fit of coughs. "Rao, my throat is sore"

"Don't overextended yourself" (y/n) frowned as the girl fell back into his arms, her arm continued to bleed. "I think we need to get you to a doctor"

"No" Kara shook her head as she leaned into the boy. "I just need the sun" she tried to float up but didn't move. "Kal-"

Like a bolt of lightning the man of steel quickly landed in front of them. "Kara!" He quickly engulfed the two in a hug. "We thought you were dead!"

"Kal?" Kara asked as she pulled back and looks at the man's face. "How long have we been away?" She asked quietly as she looked over the face which had barely aged yet at the same time seemed so much older.

"You- seven years Kara"

"What?" (Y/n) quickly asked.

Kara was about to comment but now that she wasn't being supported by anyone she almost fell. "Sun" she whispered and in a flash the two were gone, disappearing into the sky.

"Seven years" (y/n) whispered as he slowly sat down on the ground and waited for the duo to return. "I think I'm going to be sick"

After about ten minutes they were back on the ground, Kara mostly healed albeit still malnourished and skinnier than she ought to be. "What happened Kara?" Superman asked as Kara pulled her husband by his collar to his feet.

The girl was silent as she looked down at the scar on her arm. "We were trapped" she whispered before quickly launching herself at her cousin and hugging him. "I thought we were in Hell and we couldn't see and we had to eat these strange carcasses and I- I- I-" she buried her face in her cousins shoulder as she sobbed loudly.

"Hey, you're safe now" Kal-El replied as he pat his cousins back, sparing a glance towards (y/n) who just seemed worried about Kara. "Nobody can take you now"

"He can take us at any point" Kara whispered as she tightened her grip on Kal. "We're never going to be safe again..." she sniffed as she continued to tighten her grip on the man.

"Was he the one who hurt you?" Clark asked as he pulled away from the hug to look at the scar on Kara's arm. He wiped away some of the now dried up blood on her forehead.

She shook her head sadly as she looked down at the ground. "No" she whispered. "I-I-" she once again forced her cousin into a hug. "I did that... Kal I-" Kara went silent as she felt her cousin return the hug, stroking her hair with his hand to try to comfort her. "Can we go home?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah" Kal nodded slowly. "Yeah, just prepare for a few changes" Kara frowned upon hearing that but nodded.

—————————————————————

"Clark!" They heard a female voice from inside as they landed in front of the home.

Clark carefully placed down Kara and (y/n) before replying. "They're by the fireplace!"

Kara frowned. "You moved into our house?" She glanced at the man's hand and her eyes widened. "You got married?"

"I did and I did" he let out a nervous laugh. "After you left... well I wanted my family to be closer to home, to what was left of my family"

Kara frowned but nodded. "I missed so much" she whispered as she started tearing up. "I missed your entire childhood... and now I couldn't even be here to watch you make a new family" she wiped her tears away. "... who's in there?"

Clark frowned as he watched his cousin try to hide her pain. "Lois, you met her" Kara nodded as she remembered the woman. "And our daughter"

(Y/n) watched as Kara fell backwards onto her ass, causing the ground to shake a bit under them all. "Kara-"

The boy was cut off as she held up her hand to silence him. She lowered her hand before laying back against the dirt. "I missed everything"

"You didn't miss everything" Clark replied as he walked over to her and looked down at her. "Come on" he offered her his hand. "I'll introduce you to your niece"

Kara sighed but took Clark's hand, knowing he wouldn't stop trying to make her feel better even if she begged him to. He pulled her to her feet and she dusted off her back. "What's she like?" Kara asked quietly.

"She's cute, dorky, thinks she's the funniest thing to come out of this world" Clark replied as he walked Kara towards the door, (y/n) following close behind the pair.

"So laugh at her jokes?" Kara asked.

"Definitely" Clark nodded. "I think you're going to like Kara"

Word count: 1005