The Light Part 2

"Kara?" The girl hummed a bit to confirm she was listening. "If time is so wonky here what does that mean for if we get home?"

Kara was silent for a moment. "When we get home" she corrected him. She would have squeezed his hand comfortingly but they had both seemingly had their hands fused together what must have been days if not weeks ago. "And I don't know"

(Y/n) whimpered a bit and nodded although he knew Kara couldn't see it. "I don't want to go back to a world where all my friends and family are dead" they had deduced that wherever they were they no longer aged based on the fact that the boy hadn't had the need to shave since arriving.

Every few days they'd find another body to eat, as if they were being kept alive by something.

"Even if we do wind up in the future I'll find us a way back" Kara replied softly as she let out a sigh. "I don't know how but I will"

(Y/n) nodded once more. They continued their walk in silence for what felt like ten minutes but could have been any amount of time.

Soon enough (y/n) spoke again. "What if we are stuck here?"

"We won't be!" Kara didn't mean to yell but she could feel the boy fall back and she tumbled back with him, landing beside him. "Sorry" she whispered. "Look let's just walk alright?" The boy made an affirmation noise and they stood back up.

—————————————————————

Kara cried silently after what felt like a day and a half. It must have been years at this point since they had become stuck. She tried not to let her Fiancée hear as the tears poured from her eyes. She had pretty much lost hope at this point but she wouldn't let him see that.

"Kara?" He asked quietly. "You okay?"

"Yeah" she whispered as she quickly used her one hand to wipe her tears away. "What is it?"

"Want to play a game?" He asked quietly.

"A game?" Kara let out a sad laugh. "What can we possibly play right now?"

It was a moment before she got a response. "I spy with my little eye, something... white" Kara couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at that. She could pretty much hear the smile on the boys face.

"Gee I wonder what it is" she chuckled again as she wiped away the last of the tears. "Could it be the light?"

"Could be" the boy answered happily. "Your turn!"

—————————————————————

"Let's get married" (y/n) quickly turned his head to his side to look at where Kara's voice came from.

Time no longer had much of a meaning to the pair. After endless days of talking hypotheticals, Kara's singing, playing games, and eating the mysterious bodies they no longer tried to count time, they just hoped everyone would be alive when they got home.

"Get married?" (Y/n) asked quietly. "You mean here?"

Kara was silent for a moment. "We're never getting out" she spoke quietly. "And even if we do it's not soon enough" she reached out with her hand and stroked the boys cheek before pulling back, as they learned prolonged touch in this plain of existence was not a good idea. "So let's do it, right here, right now"

(Y/n) was silent before nodding. "I don't have a ring to give you"

"I don't care" Kara laughed happily. "I only have one hand now anyways, why clutter that one up?"

"Alright" (y/n) nodded as he stopped walking when he felt his foot hit another body. "Looks like we've found our wedding feast"

Kara let out yet another laugh. "Seems so" she faced the boy. "Want to do the honors or shall I?"

"Let's both" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "Improvised wedding. This should be interesting"

"Let's face it, we were never going to have a normal wedding" Kara said sadly as she once again reached for the boy and stroked his cheek.

—————————————————————

"Dearly beloved-" Kara kinda liked that those words only applied to one person here. "We are standing here above this corpse to solidify the marriage of these two beautiful people" (y/n) let out a small laugh at that which caused Kara to smile widely. "If anyone has any objections they can shove them up their ass" (y/n) laughed once again.

There was only silence, no objections.

"Well then" (y/n) chose to continue. "Kara Kent do you take me, (y/n) Lang to be your unlawfully wedded husband?"

"Damn right I do" she replied confidently. "Do you (y/n) Lang take me to be your unlawfully wedded wife?"

"I do indeed" (y/n) replied happily.

"Then by the power vested in me, by me myself and I, I declare us dude and dudette" (y/n) let out a loud laugh at that one and Kara did the same a millisecond later. "You may briefly kiss the bride"

Kara lowered herself so that (y/n) could quickly push his lips against hers. She kissed back as she used her one hand to hold the boys hand.

Kara wished this moment could last forever, unfortunately however it couldn't even last a minute. The two pulled away and broke the kiss, letting go of each others hand, before staring ahead where they should have seen each other but instead only saw light. "Happiest moment of my life" Kara smiled widely upon hearing those words as she stood back up straight.

"Happiest of mine too" she spoke happily, wondering if she really meant it. She had envisioned the wedding so differently, with so many people who couldn't be here now.

No.

She couldn't think about what could have been. This was the happiest day of her life. It had to be.

Kara wondered how long it would take for the two of them to go insane in this sightless, touchless, Hell.

Word count: 999