Electrifying

Kara Kent breathed in, and out. In, and out. She opened her eyes and quickly her arm shot up. Nothing came out. She groaned and stomped her foot angrily, cracking the basement floor beneath her. "...whoops" she laughed nervously and looked at her boyfriend who didn't look amused.

"You know-" Kara activated her speed. "-what to- oh. Thanks" by the time he was done talking Kara had completely fixed the floor.

"Sure thing love" Kara smiled as she wiped some dust off of her overalls. "I'm never going to get the hang of these powers"

"Yes you are" (y/n) pulled the pouting girl into his arms and held her in a tight hug, his hand lower down than usual but still not as low as Kara would have liked it. "You're Kara Kent, my Supergirl, you can do anything"

Kara cringed. "You're so cheesy. I love you"

"Love you too" he kissed her forehead. "Now how about you try again?"

Kara sighed before pulling away from the hug and once aiming her hand at the target they had set up. She took a few more deep breaths before trying to shoot electricity from her hands. Nothing happened. "Fuck! We've been at this for an hour!" She yelled as she punched a hole in (y/n)'s punching bag. She quickly used her speed to patch it.

"Stay calm" (y/n) spoke as he tried to walk towards the girl and found himself physically unable to. "We knew this would take a while right?"

Kara once again punched at the punching bag, this time focusing on trying to get all her anger out. The second her first was about to connect with the bag her first glowed blue and she shot a beam of electricity straight through the punching bag, lighting it on fire.

Both teens eyes were wide as they watched it burn and the sand that had been inside fell to the ground. "I'll buy you a new one" Kara spoke as she quickly used her frost breath to put out the fire.

"Yeah..." (y/n) spoke as he stared at Kara's fist as the blue started to fade and become her usual skin tone again. "How did you do that?"

"Hm?" Kara looked at her first. "I focused on letting out all my anger" she spoke as she once again tried, this time without punching anything. (Y/n) stayed silent as she stood there. It didn't work. "Fuck!"

"Meditation" (y/n) spoke, drawing the girls attention. "That's what you need"

"Tried it. Not a fan" Kara huffed as she clenched her fist, little sparks flying out as she did. "Let's just call it a day okay? I want to cuddle"

"Come on Kara! This is the most you've been able to access these powers since the fight" (y/n) spoke as he walked over to her and took her hands in his, her sparks quickly stopped. "You can do this!"

Kara huffed before letting go of her boyfriends hands and falling onto her ass, making sure not to crack the floor as she did so. She crossed her legs and sat there. "Fine. I'll meditate"

"You can do it" (y/n) spoke one more time before going silent. He watched as Kara closed her eyes and took a deep breath in and a moment later let it out. This continued on for another few minutes. Kara was very obviously annoyed that she was doing this and that seemed to fuel her anger.

Suddenly, when it seemed Kara was about to give up her body began to glow. Her skin and clothing turned blue as it sparked with electricity, her hair doing the same although darker.

Kara's eyes shot open as she finished her meditation, they glowed a brilliant bright blue that was almost but not quite white. She noticed the wide smile on her boyfriends face before looking down at her hands. She smiled even wider than the boy and yelled happily. "I did it!"

Kara jumped to her feet and kissed the boy, who was luckily not electrocuted by this. She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him close. "I did it" she spoke quieter as they broke the kiss.

"You did it" (y/n) smiled back as he stared lovingly into the girl's beautifully glowing eyes. "Very sparkly"

"Good. I know you're a sucker for sparkly things" Kara giggled as she placed a kiss on the boys neck.

"That I am" (y/n) replied as he wrapped his arms back around Kara.

She gasped as she felt the boys hand graze her backside. "Oh! Looks like someone finally found second base"

"Don't ruin the moment" (y/n) rolled his eyes as he retracted his hand, causing Kara to pout.

"Oh come on! It was a joke.. you can give it a slap if you want" Kara gave the boy a smirk as her skin slowly began to fade back to its normal color.

"Ooh. Overstepped" Killer Frost's voice spoke as his eyes glowed white. "Shoulda stayed silent and let it happen" he spoke as he pulled away from the girls grip. "I'm gonna go rob the Lego store. Peace Superbitch"

Kara was silent as she watched the boy leave and go up the stairs. "Superbitch is better than Superslut I suppose... I hate that he's right though" she slowly walked over to the stairs before floating up them.

Word count: 909

(Thoughts?)