Bruises

"Superman saves expedition to the sun" (y/n) read the newspaper article aloud. "Why would they send an expedition to the sun?"

Kara sat across from him in her overalls, just giggling as she took one of the boys hands in her own. "You look like a dad in an old movie when you read a newspaper"

The boy was about to reply when he heard a yawn and footsteps. "Does-" another yawn. "Does she sleep here?" Asked Sara as she walked into the kitchen and towards the refrigerator.

"From time to time" (y/n) shrugged as he put the paper down on the table. "This morning however she just came over to hang out before school"

"Gotcha" the girl nodded as she opened the refrigerator and pulled out an orange. She glanced at the boy and the newspaper that he was still reading on the table. "You've got access to a giggly blonde and you're reading the Smallville Gazette?"

"Actually this is The Daily Planet" the boy held up the paper so she could see. "This one has comics and Kara gets it for free because of Clark"

"Mhm" Sara slowly nodded before glancing at Kara. "All this talk of newspapers, how can you resist just forcing yourself on him right here on this table?" She asked sarcastically.

"It's hard" Kara shrugged as she replied honestly.

"If you do that I will scream" (y/n) replied as he put the paper back down.

Kara considered that for a moment and frowned. "I think I may be into that"

"Ew! I'm out of here" Sara took her orange and quickly left the kitchen.

"Is there anything you're not into?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms.

Kara considered that question for the moment. "Not that I can think of"

"That's concerning" (y/n) shrugged. "But also opens a lot of opportunities for me in the future"

Kara smirked. "I'm glad you're seeing it that way" she stood up. "Can I sit in your lap?"

"Are you going to try and distract me from my reading?" (Y/n) gave Kara a suspicious look as she just fiddled with her fingers and didn't respond. "Fine"

"Yay!" Kara quickly floated into the boys lap and sat there happily with her legs around his waist and her face against his cheek. In her excitement she had accidentally broken off the back of the chair with her legs. Meanwhile (y/n) looked over her shoulder at the newspaper article he was reading. "I love you, Sunshine"

"I know" (y/n) replied as he tried to ignore Kara beginning to kiss his neck. "Kara remember what I said about screaming?"

Kara huffed and stopped kissing him. "You're no fun"

"Oh shush" the boy smacked her ass causing both of them to jolt up. Kara because he had never done that to her before and she liked it, (y/n) because he felt like he had just smacked a tank. "Ow!"

Kara's smirk quickly turned to a look of concern as she took the boys hand as gently as she could and used her X-ray vision. "Oh thank Rao" she muttered as she let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in. "Just a bruise. Nothing broken"

"I hate that a bruise is considered a good thing in this situation" (y/n) muttered as he took his aching hand back from Kara.

"Me too" Kara frowned before kissing the boy's nose. "But I still appreciate the gesture"

"You better" he muttered as he leaned back. "Because I am so done with that sort of stuff for the day. Get off my lap"

Kara groaned but did as he said. "You do realize now that you've said that I need to find a way to change your mind?"

"Give it your best shot" (y/n) shrugged as he looked at his hand. "Can you get me an icepack?"

"Seriously? I can just blow you instead" She gave him a look before quickly blowing gently on his hand with her freeze breath.

She noticed that he had almost laughed at why she had said and once finished blowing she asked about it. "It's nothing" he shook his head. "Just sounds... strange to the human ear. There are multiple actions that the word blowing can refer too"

Kara smirked before nodding. She didn't know why it sounded strange to him but she wanted to pretend she now got it so he didn't think her stupid. "Well I can do that sort of blowing too"

(Y/n) blushed and Kara quickly wondered what what she had just said meant. She'd have to look it up later. For now she decided to change the subject. "Did that help your hand at all?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah" the boy quickly nodded. "We should probably head to school"

Kara glanced at the clock. "We have time"

(Y/n) stood up and walked out of the room. "I'm going to get dressed"

"You are dressed"

"I'm in my pajamas"

"That's already to much" Kara replied causing the boy to roll his eyes as he started walking up the stairs. "Can I come with you?"

"No. Bad Kara" (y/n) reached the top of the stairs and closed his door after walking into his room.

Kara sighed as she walked over to the stairs. "I shouldn't" she muttered as she looked up towards her boyfriend's room. "He is dating me. He knows my powers" she debated it for another moment before quickly activating her X-Ray vision.

What she saw was not what she had expected. The boy had only gotten his shirt off when suddenly he stopped moving, he stood like that for a moment before his hair suddenly started to change to white and his eyes to blue.

"What the hell?" Kara muttered as she started walking up the stairs. (Y/n) quickly grabbed his Killer Frost-esque jacket and a shirt before putting them both on.

She reached the top of the stairs and walked to the door before knocking on it. (Y/n) quickly turned toward the door before walking towards the window.

Kara decided at that point to break the door down. Within the millisecond it took her to do that (y/n) was back to his normal self and looking very confused.

Word count: 1077

(Favorite scene of the chapter? Thoughts on everything going on? I'd love to hear anything you've got to say)