Deaf

Kara waited impatiently. Clark and Kelex had put her through a number of tests and she assumed she had failed most of them.

After a moment Clark walked in with a pad of paper and a pen. He quickly wrote faster than Kara could process before holding up the pad.

Kara let out a sigh of relief, although unable to hear it, as she read that she had gone temporarily deaf. That meant she'd get better. "How long?!" She asked way to loudly, although she didn't realize it.

Clark shrugged which caused Kara to groan loudly. Clark wrote again. "I'm not leaving this woman to you! She deafened me!" Kara spoke angrily.

She then read as Clark wrote again. He was saying how if her ears took to much more damage then this could become permanent.

Kara was silent for a moment. "Fine" she whispered as she stood up and stretched a bit, still sore from her run in with the sound lady. "Can I go home?"

Clark nodded as he watched Kara zoom past him and out of the fortress.

—————————————————————

Kara Kent finally found her way home after many wrong turns. Turns out it was harder to navigate when you couldn't listen for your boyfriends voice and follow that.

She sighed as she opened the door and walked inside. She sat down on the empty couch and sighed loudly as she closed her eyes.

Kara was startled a moment later as she felt someone touch her shoulder. She quickly turned and was barely able to stop herself from punching her boyfriend when she realized it was him. He had a surprised look and said something which Kara couldn't understand.

Kara motioned to her ear and then shook her head from side to side. The boy just looked confused. "Can't hear!" Kara didn't mean to but she was pretty sure she had just yelled that. "Temporarily deaf!"

The boy nodded. She wasn't sure but she thought me may have just called that hot. Either that or Kara was thinking that and had confused her thoughts with what it looked like his lips were saying.

Kara watched as the boy walked to her side before screaming in her ear. When he realized she really was deaf he smirked, she figured he was more than likely thinking of the chaos he could cause because of this.

—————————————————————

That night (y/n) watched as Kara entered their bedroom and pulled off her leather jacket. She threw it onto her dresser and yawned as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"So you're really deaf?" (Y/n) asked, knowing Kara wouldn't hear a thing he said. "You're short" no reaction.

"I love you" still no reaction.

"I think Nia is cuter than you" yet again no reaction.

"You have a cute butt" once more no reaction.

"You are a delight but you pale in comparison to Alf" Kara turned and smiled as she walked over to the bed, other than that no reaction.

Kara quickly used her super speed to change out of her suit and into a pair of pajama pants before jumping into the bed and landing beside her boyfriend.  "Hi" she smiled as she placed a kiss on the boys clothed chest.

"Hi" (y/n) replied as he ran a hand through her long hair.

Kara smirked as she grabbed something from her nightstand. "Lead lined" she spoke as she held up the blindfold. "If I put this on that's two senses down"

"Kinky" (y/n) spoke although he knew Kara wouldn't hear him. "Of course you become disabled and you only see the bright side"

Kara gave a confused look as she tried to figure out what the boy had said. "What?"

(Y/n) rolled his eyes before grabbing the blindfold and putting it on Kara who shivered in anticipation. The boy watched as Kara patiently waited for whatever happened next as he got out of bed and walked out the door. He laughed as he wondered how long Kara would wait for him.

Once downstairs the boy noticed Imra filling a cup with water in the kitchen. The girl looked like she'd just woken up and gotten out of bed. She seemed to have slept in her boyfriends old costume. "Hey kid" he spoke as she turned to look at him.

"I'm older than you" Imra frowned as she sipped her water. "I'm twenty three"

"Really?" (Y/n) asked. "Huh" he nodded. "Alright well I just thought you should know Kara is deaf now... for a while"

"What?" Imra frowned. "How did that happen?"

"No clue. I didn't ask, just enjoyed" (y/n) smiled as he sat down on the table. "I never get to mess with her like this, she can always hear whatever I try to do"

Imra frowned even more. "Where is she now?"

"Blindfolded and waiting for me to do something to her" (y/n) replied as he glanced towards the stairs. "I thought she'd have realized by now that I left"

"You're a mean boyfriend" Imra replied as her frown shifted into a small smirk.

"I know!" (Y/n) replied happily as he watched the blonde finish her cup of water. "You just wake up?"

"Yeah" Imra nodded as her smirk fell back to a neutral expression. She glanced down at her outfit. "I look ridiculous don't I?"

"You look comfortable. That's all that matters" (y/n) replied as he shrugged. "And if I were in your situation I'd do the same thing... you know... if Kara's clothes fit me"

Imra smiled. "Thanks" she whispered as she once again refilled her cup with water. "I-" she was silent for a second. "I'm thinking that now since Kara is out of commission maybe I should do some heroing... I've been meaning to start doing it again but I never got to it with everything going on.

(y/n) smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a wonderful idea!" He spoke as Imra's smile widened. "This world needs as many heroes as it can get"

Imra nodded determinedly. "Guess I'll get out there and make a difference then!" She smiled as she quickly ran back in the direction of her room.

Word count: 1044

(Looks like Smallville has two blonde heroines now)