Doodles

Kara lay on her stomach on the front porch of the house, tongue sticking out and pens in hand as she ambidextrously drew on a piece of paper. She was wearing her usually outfit of overalls, a white t-shirt, and sneakers.

The front door opened and Kara looked up with a smile at the boy who exited their house. He walked forward before almost tripping on Kara and noticing her. "What are you doing out here?" He asked with a confused look.

"Drawing!" She smiled as she held up the piece of paper for him to look at. "I haven't done much of it since leaving Krypton"

"Cute" (y/n) rolled his eyes which caused Kara to giggle before placing the paper back down on the porch

"Cute" (y/n) rolled his eyes which caused Kara to giggle before placing the paper back down on the porch. "You can't at least draw you and me?"

"Why would I draw something I can take a picture of?" Kara asked with a cute pout. "Is it possible you're jealous?"

"Obviously. Makes sense that I would be since you're trying to make me jealous" (y/n) replied as he sat down beside the his fiancée.

"Aw! Don't worry, you're cuter than he is" Kara smiled as she went back to drawing. "I'll draw you and Nia next if you want!"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment. "Alright" he spoke as he lay down at Kara's side. "I like your art style. It's very cute"

"Thank you!" Kara smiled as she glanced over at the boy. "Do you ever draw?"

"Nah" the boy shook his head. "I'm no good"

"That's to bad" Kara shrugged as she went back to drawing.

The boy looked at the paper to see she was adding a jealous looking version of him, holding and petting Streaky, off to the side of Kara and Nightwing. "You suck"

"And I'm happy to do so" Kara replied as she stuck her tongue out at the boy before looking once again to her paper. "I'm thinking of painting a much larger version of this on the side of the barn"

(Y/n) glared at Kara. "I promise you if you do that then I will use the Kryptonite to beat you"

"Kinky!" Kara laughed as she put down her pen and looked over her now finished drawing. "I'm here for it"

The boy rolled his eyes as he watched the girl push the paper aside and grab a new one. "You make it very hard to threaten you"

"Unfortunately it was an empty threat anyways" Kara replied as she pouted without looking up. "Otherwise I'd actually consider going through with my idea"

"You are so fucked up"

"We are so fucked up" Kara replied with a smile.

"Yeah we are" (y/n) rolled his eyes as he moved so his head was laying on Kara's back. He closed his eyes and relaxed as he listened to his fiancée's humming and the sounds of the pens on the paper.

As Kara kept drawing the boy played with her hair and pulled on it. "How come you drew yourself in your old outfit?"

"Because that was me if I had never been with you. I'd still be wearing that revealing outfit if I didn't have to deal with you being uncomfortable with it" Kara replied as she looked back at the boy.

"So you have me to thank for you getting a better costume. You're welcome" Kara let out a small laugh as she looked back at her paper and went back to drawing.

"I suppose I do" she replied with a nod. "My butt does look pretty good in it"

"All of you looks pretty good in it" (y/n) replied as he rolled his eyes. "Why does everything with you have to come back around to your butt?"

Kara frowned and once again looked back at the boy as she reached back and smacked her own ass. "Why shouldn't it? In a world full of imperfect things why shouldn't we talk about the perfect things as much as we can?"

(Y/n) rolled his eyes again as Kara went back to drawing. "You're so weird"

"Weird is good" Kara replied with a smirk. "You told me that, remember?"

"I suppose I did" (y/n) replied with a shrug as he sat up, getting his head off of Kara. "Other than with pictures of you and Nightwing have you ever considered using your art to decorate our property?"

"Well these pictures are going right on the refrigerator" Kara replied adamantly. "Other than that I haven't considered it. Not a bad idea though"

(Y/n) nodded as he watched the girl finish up her drawing. "How'd it turn out?"

"Look and find out" Kara replied as she held out the picture to the boy and smiled at him. The drawing was in the same style as her previous one, this time however instead of her and Nightwing it was (y/n) and Nia. (y/n) in Kara's previous place, gushing over Nia who stood confident and stoic like Nightwing in the last picture.

"Okay yeah that's pretty cute" the boy said with a small laugh.

"Knew you'd love it!" Kara laughed as she grabbed the other picture from the ground before standing up. She quickly ran and returned a moment later without her drawings. "They're on the refrigerator. TV has taught me that's where impressive drawings go!" (Y/n) decided not to mention that usually was meant for little children. "So what were you thinking? Decoration wise I mean"

(Y/n) shrugged. "I'm not sure. I was just thinking we don't really have much art up in the house"

Kara smiled. "So instead of going out and buying some great looking thing you want my doodles?"

(Y/n) smiled back. "Kara your doodles are ten times better than anything we could get in a store"

"On that we can agree!" Kara spoke with glee as she ran off to find an easel, a canvas, and some paint. She returned a moment later and placed them down. "Time to get to work!"

Word count: 1020

(I need more of Kara's doodles in my life)