The Fair Part 2

Kara Zor-El laughed happily as she got off the stage and went behind it as she listened to the next song which was played. "That was pretty good" she quickly turned to find her boyfriend looking at her.

"Yeah?" She asked with a smirk as she walked over to the boy and quickly kissed him since she was sure nobody was watching. "Tell me the best thing about it?"

"Ah so one gig and you're cocky now?" (Y/n) asked which prompted Kara to nod her head. "Fine. The best thing about it was watching you"

"Watching which part of me exactly?" Kara asked with a smirk.

"I'm not answering that" (y/n) replied before holding up Kara's clothes and wig. "You stink at hiding this stuff.

Kara huffed before using her super speed to change into the overalls and wig and stuffing her suit into a ring. "Gift from Wally" she smiled as she showed off the ring which had a lightning bolt symbol on it.

"How-" the boy pondered how she could possibly get the clothes in there before giving up on it. "Never mind. Never question a good thing right?"

"Right" Kara nodded with a smirk. "Come on, let's go rejoin the crowd" she spoke before turning and beginning to walk away.

"Or..." Kara quickly turned back to the boy again. "We could do something else since the other singing is nothing compared to you"

"Well that is true" Kara nodded as she considered it. "But no. Let's go dance" the boy groaned before Kara grabbed his hand and pulled him.

"Wait am I the only one in our house without a cool ring?" (Y/n) asked as he glanced at Kara's ring again.

"No! There's also Streaky" Kara replied with a smile. (Y/n) was not amused. "Don't worry. I'll get you a ring soon"

—————————————————————

(Y/n) sat on a small set of stairs as he watched Kara who had somehow gotten into a water gun fight with a couple of little kids. "Hey Mama" he smiled as his mother sat down beside him.

"How come you aren't out there with them?" Lana asked as she watched Kara get shot in the face by water. She quickly wiped her glasses clean before shooting back.

"Not enough water guns" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "With how small this town is I'm surprised it's taken you this long to find me here"

"I got here late" Lana shrugged as she put her arm around her sons shoulders and leaned her head on one of his shoulders.

"You live closer than we do how were you late?" (Y/n) asked with a confused look.

"Oh shut it" she rolled her eyes and smiled. "How's living with Kara? We haven't just talked enough since you left"

"It's fine" (y/n) shrugged. "Still kinda wish we were in one of those cultures where they all live with the man's family"

"'Mm... no. I would still have kicked you out once you turned thirty" Lana gave the boy a smile as he frowned down at her. "You're much more healthy than you ever were before"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment. "I hate when you're right"

"I'm your mother" she lowered the boys forehead and kissed it. "I'm always right"

"Yeah... that's not how that works" (y/n) let out a small laugh.

"Well I've raised two troubled children and only one of them is still living with me. I'm gonna say that means you're wrong"

"Whatever you say" (y/n) rolled his eyes before hearing Kara scream and turning his head to see her getting hit by water again.

"She's pretty good with kids" Lana smiled as she watched.

(Y/n) quickly turned his head back to his mother. "Real subtle. We're eighteen mom"

"I had your sister when I was around your age" Lana replied with a shrug.

(Y/n) considered that for a moment. "Still to early... besides, she's an alien, I doubt we could have kids anyways"

Lana just shrugged again. "Even if you can't I'm sure there's some kryptonian tech that could make it happen"

Kara screamed again and (y/n) stood up. "I'm gonna go save Supergirl by shooting a few kids" he spoke as he walked away. "See you at the wedding"

"Yours or mine?" Lana called back.

"Yes!" Was all (y/n) said in response.

—————————————————————

Kara Kent was drenched in water as she cleaned her glasses where she now sat with her boyfriend in a gazebo. "That was fun" she smiled as she looked up into the boy sitting beside her's eyes.

Outside the gazebo the sun was starting to go down. "It was" (y/n) replied as he wiped some stray water droplets from Kara's forehead. "I didn't dislike today as much as I thought I would"

"I was here and I sang. How could you ever expect to not enjoy yourself?" Kara asked with a totally serious expression.

"Well for one I always knew you would make me dance" (y/n) replied as Kara rolled her eyes at him. "And as for two, it's loud here"

"Alright alright, shut it" Kara gave the boy a quick kiss to silence him. "Let's just enjoy what's left of the day" the distant sound of music really added to the moment as they sat there in silence for the next minute.

(Y/n) glanced back at Kara again a moment later. After the hint she had dropped earlier he had kind of expected Kara to propose today. It didn't seem like it would happen anymore but that was okay. That would come eventually.

Kara felt the boys gaze on her and turned to look at him. "What is it?" She asked with a soft smile.

"Nothing" (y/n) shook his head. "Just wondering about the future"

"Ah. That talk with your mom got to you?" Kara asked with a smirk.

"Of course you were eavesdropping" (y/n) rolled his eyes even though he didn't actually care.

"Of course I was" Kara agreed. "Don't worry. We'll get there" she pat the boys hand with her own. "No need to rush it though. Neither of us is going anywhere"

"I suppose you're right" (y/n) nodded as he put an arm around Kara and pulled the wet girl onto his lap.

Word count: 1071

(Considered a proposal this chapter but this just felt right instead)