Scars

(I'm sorry but I just couldn't bring myself to write a healthy Mother Son relationship at the moment so that's offscreen)

The first thing (y/n) had done after being introduced to the Kents was head to his Mom's and go tell her that he was back. There had been lots of tears and the awkwardness that came with having a new stepfather but now he was back in what was once his home, comforting Kara.

The girl was sitting on the couch, blankly staring at the television which wasn't on as little Kara Kent sat on her lap and reached up, playing with the buttons on Kara Kent-Lang's overalls. (Y/n) was at his wife's side running his hand through her hair.

The six year old made fart noises with her mouth as she tapped her namesake on the shoulder. "Aunty K?" She asked as she looked up at the girls blank expression. "Aunty K?" This continued for a minute before Kara finally snapped out of it and looked down.

"Hm?" The older Kara asked as she tried and failed to smile.

"Hi" little Kara giggled before leaning into the older Kara.

"Hi" Kara replied with a sigh as she glanced over at (y/n) for help. He just shrugged as he watched the child cuddle her aunt and close her eyes.

Kara was saved a moment later as Lois and Clark swooped in to save the day. "Looks like someone's getting tired!" Lois spoke before quickly taking the child back from Kara. The child tried to grab for Kara but eventually just cuddled into Lois and closed her eyes again. "I think she likes you"

"Kara Kent-Lang, the cool aunt" (y/n) spoke which made Kara just barely show a hint of a smile

"I'm going to get her off to bed, you three do whatever it is that you do" Lois elbowed Clark in the side before walking off.

"So... Kara Kent-Lang?" Clark asked with a smile. "Sounds like I missed a bit too"

"We had a little ceremony" Kara explained.

"It was adorable" (y/n) added which caused Clark to let out a small laugh.

"I bet" he nodded as he watched Kara continue to stare straight ahead. "You know... I'm here if you want to-"

"I don't" Kara quickly replied as she looked down at her hands and clenched her fists.

"Understood" Clark nodded as he decided to let it go for now. "Can I at least know who-"

"Mxy" Kara replied as she started tearing up again. "Now can you let it go?"

"Of course" Clark nodded before glancing at (y/n), signaling to the boy that if he was up for it he wanted to talk later. "You two want dinner? It's just about ready"

Kara shook her head quickly. "I'm never eating again" Clark frowned but since needing to eat wasn't a problem for Kryptonians on earth he decided not to argue yet.

"I on the other hand would love something that isn't a corpse we found on the ground" (y/n) replied as he glanced at Kara. "You mind if I-"

"Go ahead" she spoke as she waved the boy away. "I'll be here"

The boy frowned but nodded and walked off with Clark. "So do you want me to-"

"Not yet" Clark shook his head as they entered the kitchen. He closed a door which hadn't been there before. "There. We put in more soundproofing here so Lois has a place where I won't accidentally hear something she wants kept secret"

(Y/n) let out a small laugh. "In the kitchen?" The irony seemed lost on Clark. "The only place your wife has private is the kitchen?"

Clark was silent for a moment. "Yeah, I get it now, shut up" he shook his head with a small laugh. "Now let's talk"

(Y/n) nodded before sitting down as Clark checked on the food in the oven. "Well as you now know Mr. Mxyzptlk trapped us. He said he created that place particularly for us, to torture us"

Clark nodded as he walked over to the table the boy was sat at and sat across from him. "What did he want from you two?"

"He wanted to beat Supergirl" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "And he did" Clark gave him a curious look. "In order to get out he made Kara agree to have you write an article saying that Supergirl was killed by him. He said if she ever goes out as Supergirl again after that then he'll send us both back to that evil place. He wants to be the imposter who killed Supergirl"

Clark nodded with a frown. "I'll get to writing it soon" he said with a sigh. "What happened to Kara in there? Before"

(Y/n) rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, trying to decide how much it was his place to say. "Time. We were there for what felt like an eternity. She couldn't handle it. She didn't even have her powers or anything either so she was able to hurt herself easily"

Clark nodded sadly as he used his X-ray vision to check on Kara and saw that she was still sitting on the couch. "Alright" he got the feeling that anything more that he heard should be from the girl herself. "I appreciate you telling me all this" he quickly sped to the oven and came back with three plates of food, one for him, one for his wife, and one for the boy. "How are you doing"

"Better than Kara" (y/n) sighed as he picked up his fork and poked at the food. "I'm fine- I am" he shook his head before stabbing the food and biting into it. "Worry about Kara"

Word count: 1001

(Btw if anyone feels like listening to what influenced that last arc it's on sale. It helps if you know doctor who but it's also a good standalone science fiction story)

 It helps if you know doctor who but it's also a good standalone science fiction story)