🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of a dangerous/sharp object (knife and hammer), mention of themes of sexual trauma (sexual harassment), blood, death, murder, violence, and graphic content

This chapter contains trigger warnings such as mentioning of a dangerous/sharp object (knife and hammer), mention of themes of sexual trauma (sexual harassment), blood, death, murder, violence, and graphic content that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Also Quick Author's Note: This is a new chapter! There might be more new chapters but we'll just have to wait and see! This will be my third to the last chapter that needs to be edited/updated which means once the last three chapters will be uploaded, I will unpublish the next five chapters of the story and edit/update them then publish them again and repeat with the next five chapters until every bit of this story, from top to bottom (with new chapters), will be fully edited and updated and finished for good this time! For now, I hope you enjoy this new chapter!

Aurora's POV

I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I have asked permission from my Mom and I'm still walking around.

"Aurora." I heard someone calling for me.

I look up and saw Miss Victoria, one of our neighbors, waving at me.

I walk towards her and I noticed she is holding one of her cats in her arms.

Miss Victoria is a kind, old lady who owns two or three cats, and sometimes, she can be seen walking around or on her front porch or front yard. 

"Hi, Miss Victoria." I greeted.

"Hello, dear, how are you?" She asked.

As much as I hate lying, I have to say something.

"Um... I'm fine, I guess. What about you?" I asked.

"I'm doing fine as well. I'm sorry for interrupting your alone time."

"It's fine, don't worry, I was just getting some fresh air. Do you need anything?" 

"Your stepbrother... Steven, is he still around in his father's house?" She asked.

My eyebrows furrowed as I look at her, confused.  

As soon as she mentioned Steven, I noticed her cat getting all tensed up, and Miss Victoria puts her cat down.

"Um... yeah but why? Do you need something from him or do you want to talk to him?"

"Oh no, it's just that..." Before she could finish her sentence, she waved her hand. "Never mind."

"What? Miss Victoria, whatever you're going to say about Steven, you can tell me and you can trust me. I won't say anything to him, I promise." I said. "You can't just leave me hanging like that."

She looks around before leaning her face closer to mine as she whispers, "Promise me, you won't tell?"

I nodded. "Promise. So, is there anything you want to say about Steven?"

"It's just that he doesn't seem to change one bit. He just seems to be an odd kid." She said.

He is more than 'just odd'. If only she knew his true colors.

"How odd, exactly?" 

"It's probably just me but it's just that he kept a lot of things to himself as if he was hiding something from everyone around him, even from his own father but his father was always busy with work. I know he grew up without a mother ever since he was little so there wasn't really anybody to guide him and he just seems not so stable. All I'm saying is that you need to be careful, Aurora." She explained.