🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 05/10/2023

Aurora's POV

Some time has passed and there are only a few weeks left before the wedding.

While Mom and Mr. Anderson spend a lot of time planning everything for the wedding, we would have dinner at Mr. Anderson's house twice a week, after school. Then every Sunday, we would have family game night and movie night after that.

Toby and I got to meet Steven's grandparents and Steven got to meet our grandparents. His grandparents are a bit conservative and strict but they seem like nice people.

Speaking of Steven, we would chat here and there but only for a short amount of time. We would also see each other in school but not that often and it would feel a bit weird to say hi to each other. And Toby is a bit shy to approach and to talk to him but Steven would be the one to break the ice with him and they would spend some time together.

Mom chose me to be her maid of honor and Toby is the ring bearer while Mr. Anderson chose Steven to be his best man. 

"What do you think of this dress, Aurora?" Mom spoke which made me snap out of my thoughts. She showed me a classically simple strapless gown of pure white embroidered silk, with an asymmetrical over panel revealing a less-heavily embroidered underskirt.

"It looks lovely Mom," I said.

"You said that to the other dresses that I've shown you." She said.

"Mom, I'm not good with wedding dresses and they all look white and the same just different designs," I said, standing up.

"I have to agree with you but not all wedding dresses look the same and also this is snow white." She puts the wedding dress back on the racks and continues looking for another dress. "By the way, have you picked out your maid of honor dress yet?"

"No. What is the motif of the wedding again?" I asked.

"Plum, Grey, Copper, and Dusty Rose." She replied.

"Okay, I'll be back," I said and look for my maid-of-honor dress. I walked around and admire all of the dresses. Some dresses look elegant and it makes you feel like a princess. Some dresses look simple yet classy. And there are some dresses that almost look like prom dresses.

The reason why most wedding dresses are traditionally the color white is because the color is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is also considered to be the color of perfection.

Maybe that's why a lot of people would say that everything needs to be perfect before the wedding.

I stopped and found a section, full of thousands of dresses to choose from. Though I'm looking for a dress that has the perfect shade of dusty rose.

After a few minutes of searching, I found a dress that caught my eye.

I pull it out from the racks and touch the fabric of the dress.

It's a satin dusty rose off-the-shoulder long dress. 

This is the one. I bring it along with me and show it to Mom.

"Hey, Mom," I called out. "What do you think of this dress?"

She turns around and I notice that she's wearing a different dress.

"Oh honey, it's beautiful. Do you like it?" She asked.

Her strapless, white dress of semi-embroidered fabric accentuated her thin waist, hugged her hips, and flared out a bit.