🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 05/10/2023

Elizabeth's POV

'KNOCK KNOCK'

I look up from my laptop and I saw my friend, Madeline, with her hand on the doorknob, letting herself in.

"What is it, Madeline?" I asked her as I take my reading glasses off.

"There's someone here who wants to see you." She said, with a grin on her face.

"Okay."

Then I saw John Anderson, the manager of the Sunrise Company, entering the room and Madeline closed the door, mouthing, 'Have fun.', and I just smile and shake my head.

 I've been dating him for almost two years.

"Oh, Mr. Anderson. What brings you here?" I asked as I stand up from my seat.

"Elizabeth, we've been over this and you know you can just call me John. No need to be formal." He chuckled.

John is a very wealthy man and he's admired by almost everyone in the company, especially the girls. He's kind, smart, attractive, and a gentleman. No wonder why most of the girls in the company fall for him.

"Right, sorry. Anyways, do you need anything?"

"I'm just checking to see how you're doing and also, I would like to ask you something." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you would like to have dinner tonight." He said and I pause for a moment. "If you're free that is."

"Oh, I'm free and dinner sounds lovely."

"As always, I'll come and pick you up. I'll see you later, love." With that being said, we shared a kiss then he left the room. I cleared my throat and went back to work.

__

Aurora's POV

Just five more minutes and we're free to go.

"Now for your homework." Mr. Jones said as he wrote down our homework on the board. And almost all of the students groan, including Heather.

"You just need to research at least 8 facts about the French Revolution in your notebook that's all. Those who will do their homework will automatically get 10 bonus points directly to the test which will be on Wednesday next week."

'RIIING!'

"That's all for today. Have a nice weekend everyone and don't forget your homework." He said and all of us stand up from our seats and pack our stuff.

"How can we have a nice weekend if we have homework?" Heather whispered.

"Don't worry, it's just simple homework Heather Feather," Eddie said.

"Whatever Eddie." She said and we head out of the classroom.

"How can I research without my laptop, or my phone, or the internet tonight?" Heather puts her hands on her cheeks while she continues whining.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," I heard the voice of none other than Lucas William as he put his arm around me.

Lucas William is part of the basketball team and last year, the whole school knows that he's 'head over heels for me'... at least I think that's what they call it. He's always been like this since the seventh grade and it's getting irritating. I'm obviously not interested in him but he couldn't take a hint.