🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 06/04/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Self-harm/Cutting, sharp object, and mention of blood

This chapter contains a form of self-harm, sharp object, and mention of blood that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.
_________________________________

Aurora's POV

Monday morning came and we were just eating our breakfast. Mr. Anderson sipping his cup of coffee while Mom is busy chatting with him. Toby eating his eggs in one hand while playing with his toy car on the other. Steven casually eating his food as if nothing really happened and then... there's me. His free hand is on my thigh but I have no energy to remove it while I'm poking my breakfast. It seems I don't have much of an appetite.

"Oh, let's check the morning news." Mom said as she grabs the remote and turns the TV on.

"Good morning everyone. On one Halloween night at Richfield High School, the police reported two murder incidents. A boy named Lucas Williams, and a girl named Tamara Duke, are found dead in the school restrooms. The police found no evidence of the incident and they couldn't cover any camera footage of the incident as it was stated by the staff that the security camera, when the incident happened, wasn't working. And early this morning, the Principal announced to cancel today's classes both High School and Elementary School to reassure the safety of the students and resume the classes tomorrow." The news reporter said and I look at Steven and he doesn't seem to care.

"Well did you hear that, guys? No school today." Mr. Anderson said and Toby cheered in excitement while Steven and I were just sitting there in silence.

I suddenly feel sick and I think I'm gonna throw up. Vomit starts to rise up and I cover my mouth. I rush to the kitchen sink and immediately puke everything out.

"Aurora? Sweetie, is everything okay?" Mom asks and she pulls all of my hair up in a ponytail.

I wipe my mouth and turn on the sink as the clear water starts to wash and clear out the disgusting vomit.

"I'm fine. I think it's an upset stomach or I might have eaten something that makes me sick." I said as I try to relax. Mom rubs circles on my back before fetching me a glass of water.

"Drink this." She handed the glass to me and I took a sip. "But you barely touch your food these days. Are you sure you're okay?"

'No. Can't you see that I'm not?'

'Tell her.' My conscience spoke.

"Yeah, Mom...I'm fine." I said before taking another sip. 

But then something hit me. 

Don't tell me... I'm not... am I?

"I think I need to head out and get some fresh air. Maybe go to the lake nearby or something." I said, putting the glass of water down and heading back to the dining room to grab my phone and wallet from my bag and my thick black jacket.

"I'll be back," I said and I ruffled Toby's hair before leaving a kiss on his cheek before heading out.

"Don't be out too late, sweetie." I heard my Mom say and I didn't bother to answer back.

I just head out and I am on my way to a drugstore nearby.

__

I walked into the drugstore and look for a pregnancy test. I found a couple of pregnancy tests on the very corner of the shelf and I put my hood on so no one can see me.