🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/12/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Murder, violence, animal abuse/cruelty, mention of blood and grotesque imagery of murder, sharp objects (knife and a pair of scissors)

This chapter contains murder, violence, animal abuse/cruelty, mention of blood and grotesque imagery of murder, sharp objects that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

A few days have passed and I'm just laying on my bed and texting Eddie.

He didn't bother to go to school cause he ended up getting grounded for a week. He's grounded for getting into a fight, which he told his parents of course. I also heard Heather just got charged out of the hospital and she doesn't want to go to school either.

I may not be grounded but I'm still not coming out of my room. I just ignore my Mom's knocking on the door, Steven's loud voice outside of my room at night, and even Toby's pleadings.

I also heard Steven is grounded for four weeks and Mr. Anderson makes him go to school and he always makes sure that he gets to go to school before going to work. Right now, he's in school, which made me feel a bit safe. I decided to go to Miss Victoria's house once again and I still have a lot of questions about Steven and his twin brother.

I get off the bed and change into warm clothes. After that, I head out of my room and quickly go down the stairs.

As I slowly reach out to the doorknob, I can hear footsteps which made me turn around and I saw Mom, entering the living room with her arms crossed. Oh and also, Mom decided not to go to work for a while, just want to make sure that I won't do anything to myself.

"Aurora, where are you going?" She asked, approaching me.

"Um... just going over to Miss Victoria's house," I answered. She nodded but puts on a confused look on her face.

"You need something from her?" She asked another question.

"Yeah, and I just want to talk to her about something. Can I just go?"

She let out a sigh and nodded her head, saying yes. "Sure. But don't go anywhere else. Once you're done talking to Miss Victoria, I want you to go straight back home."

I nodded and slowly head out of the house. I close the door and walk towards Miss Victoria's house. I saw one of her cats by the front porch and pick her up and don't want the poor cat freezing due to the weather.

I gently ruffled its grey fur before knocking on the door. A few moments later, the door opens and Miss Victoria greeted me with a smile on her face.

"Oh hello again, Aurora. You found Lola." She took the grey cat into her arms and let me inside the house. She motioned me to follow her to a room, which is the living room, and we sit down.

"How are you doing these days, Aurora?" She asked, petting her cat.

"I'm okay I guess. Um, Miss Victoria... I have some things that I would like to ask." I said as she puts her cat down.

"And what is that?" She asked, putting on a curious face with a hint of concern in her eyes.

"It's about... Steven. And I remember the past incidents that you told me about. About a little boy who fell off the slide and broke his leg and the old man who got food poisoning... are you certain it was Steven doing it?"

"Well... I was there and I happened to see Steven here and there, specifically during those incidents. The incidents are coincidental and those kinds of incidents rarely happened in this neighborhood."