🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 05/10/2023

Aurora's POV

Today is Saturday and time passed by swiftly.

I did my hair and put on a nice dress for tonight's occasion.

"Aurora?" I turn around and I saw my Mom standing by the door, wearing a simple yet elegant-looking black dress. "Oh honey, you look great." Mom said as she enters the room.

"Thanks, Mom. You look great too." I said.

Then I saw Toby running towards my room and he looks so cute with the small bow tie. "Mommy, look at me!" He said.

"My baby, you look so adorable." Mom said before she places a kiss on Toby's cheek.

"Yeah, goofball." I lift him up. "You are the most handsome little boy here," I said before I started tickling his sides.

"Hahaha, stop!" He said and I ended stop tickling him.

"Okay, you two. Let's get going." Mom said.

I nodded and then she left the room, together with Toby. I grab my phone, head downstairs then we head out.

Mom locked the door and we head over to our car. I help Toby get in the car and then I get in and close the car door. I fastened up my seatbelt and then I fastened up Toby's seatbelt. Mom started the car engine and start driving off.

__

An hour and a half passed and we arrived. Mom parked the car and stopped the engine. We get off the car and I close the car door. I look up and I could have sworn I saw the curtain move, on the third floor.

The house is a bit far from the other houses. It's isolated from everyone else.

The house looks like a mansion only it's a little bit more simple. The house is painted as white as snow while the rooftops are color dark navy blue. And there are a lot of rose bushes everywhere and they're in different colors like white, red, pink and the such. I know Mr. Anderson is a very well-off man but I didn't know he's this rich.

"Let's go." Mom said. I grab Toby's hand and we follow her.

"This looks like a castle," Toby said in awe.

"It sure does," I said to him.

'DING DONG'

Mom pressed the doorbell and we wait.

Then the door went open. "Ah Elizabeth, welcome."

The man that I assume is Mr. Anderson said and they share a kiss.

"Did we make you wait?" Mom asked.

"No, no. You're just in time." He said." Please come in."

We entered and the inside of the house looks a little bit fancy and spacious.

"John, these are my kids, Aurora and Toby." Mom said.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Anderson," I said.

"Nice to finally meet you too, Aurora. You look just like your Mom." He said." Hello, Toby."

"Hi. Are you going to be our new Dad?"

"Soon, little one." He patted his head.

"Where's your son?" Mom asked.

"Dad?" A voice called out.

I look up and I saw a guy with dark brown hair and dark eyes and, he looks quite built up. And he looks a bit older.  And he's gonna be my stepbrother?