🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of abortion and mention of chloroform

This chapter contains mention of abortion and mention of chloroform that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

~A few months later~

Aurora's POV

It's been so long since the incident and everything is slowly going back to normal.

Mom recovered from food poisoning, Mr. Anderson decided to sell his house and now we're living in a new house as a fresh start of something new.

Grandma Abigail and Grandpa Walter are doing alright and they were sad that we will be far away from them but they know it is the best decision for all of us.

Apparently, during that night, Steven broke in and knocked them out with chloroform and got their keys to their room.

After all of that, they were confused and they said that everything happened so quickly for them.

 They apologized for failing to protect me and Toby but I have forgiven them and I know that they're good people. And they are, including Mr. Anderson.

Steven is the problem. Stefan... I'm not really sure.

We heard that Steven was sent to the mental asylum far away from where we're living. And we haven't heard from Stefan ever again like he just disappeared.

I went back to school even though I have to retake a year along with Heather and Eddie. Eddie and I have a good relationship and I've never felt so happy in my entire life.

Oh, and about the baby? I aborted it. I'm glad I survived it. It hurt at first and it took a bit longer for me to recover but now, I'm okay. Not completely okay but I'm getting there.

Mom and Mr. Anderson have been supporting me and my decision, no matter what. Even though it was hard for them to accept it at first. Fearing that something else might happen to me.

It wasn't very easy but we tend to pick up the pieces slowly. It takes time to put the broken pieces back together.

'RIIING!'

I shake my head and the bell rang. Classes are over and now we can go home.

"Man, on a personal note, retaking a year isn't a bit bad after all. I finally understand Algebra now." Heather said, before letting out a laugh.

"See, I told you it wasn't hard at all," Eddie said. "Right, babe?"

"Hmm, it's okay." I giggled. I pick up my phone and I received a call from the Detective.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I answer the call and put it on speaker. Luckily, we're the only ones in the room.

"Hello?"

"Miss Aurora. How are you doing so far?"

"Oh, detective Brian, I'm... good. Are there any updates or something like that?"

"Um... I'm afraid I have some bad news. We've been fooled."

I got chills in my arms and Eddie and Heather are wearing scared expressions on their faces.

"What do you mean?"

"He's still out there. It was confusing at first but after further investigation of the situation... we got the wrong person."

3RD POV

("No, it can't be. It must be a mistake. It's impossible.")

("We really wish that it's a mistake but we're so sorry. We're doing what we can to track him down.")

("Shit, he could be anywhere.")

("We're doing what we can, Miss Aurora.")

Back in the old and empty Anderson's house, in the attic, Steven whined up the music box, sitting on the floor, tilting his head a bit to the side, staring into the music box.

While humming along with the music he can imagine hearing the screams of his brother, who is stuck in the asylum.

"You got the wrong person! Now let me out!"

Steven just smiles as he continues humming along with the music box and he just stares at the window.

"I wonder how little Aurora is doing right now?"

END.

__________________________________

Okay! Now "The Stepbrother" story is officially over! I work on this for two years and it's already finished!

I'm sorry if the ending is a bit "meh" (😕) but hey, I think most of you want an unexpected ending (though it might be obvious when it comes to these kinds of stories and like in the movies)

But it's already done!

Thank you so much for reading this story and giving all of the love and support! ❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉

Honestly, I wasn't very confident in writing this story but I give it a shot and continue on writing it until it's complete!

For more stories, feel free to read them!

The last update for this story will be the QnA chapter!

So please feel free to ask me any questions and your questions will be answered by yours truly. It can be any questions about the story, the inspiration for this story, again, it could be anything! 😊

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

And thank you for reading "The Stepbrother".

-emopastelgirl ^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023