🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Sexual Trauma/Rape, mention of sexual harassment, physical abuse, sharp object, pregnancy-related issues, poisoning, and kidnapping

This chapter contains mention of sexual Trauma/rape, mention of sexual harassment, physical abuse, sharp object, pregnancy-related issues, poisoning, and kidnapping that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

Three days have passed and I am just looking at myself in the mirror. I've been wearing baggy clothes lately in order to make myself feel safe and covered up.

I have a feeling that Mom is a bit suspicious of me, she even asks why I'm wearing baggy clothes almost everyday.

Also, I've been thinking of aborting the baby.

It's already 2 in the afternoon, and I received a text message from Eddie to meet up with the detective. I decided to walk to his house this time. I grab a black jacket and put it on. I grab my phone and walk out of my room as quickly as I can.

But as soon as I get to the end of the stairs, I quietly walk towards the door and open it as slowly as I can. I quickly yet quietly head out before closing the door. I pull my hood over my head and head over to Eddie's house.

Stefan's POV

I look down from the window and I spotted Aurora heading somewhere. I pick up my phone and call Steven.

"Yes?"

"How much longer do I have to keep this up?"

"Patience, Stefan. Don't worry, this won't last long. I just need you to do a small favor for me."

"When?"

"Tonight. And you better do as I say this time."

Aurora's POV

I have finally arrived at Edward's house. I spotted an unfamiliar car outside Eddie's house. The door opens and Eddie lets me in. 

"Hey, I hope you don't mind but I called the detective to come over here." He said.

"It's fine," I replied.

He leads me to the living room and I saw the detective, sitting on the chair.

"Miss Hills, good to see you again." The detective said and we shake each other's hands.

"Thank you for doing this. I really need your help." I said as I sit down.

"Now, let's begin. While waiting for you to come here, I decided to read these two journals. One of them seems to be connected to your case however it's sad to say that we're gonna need more evidence. I don't think the police will believe stuff coming from these two journals even though there are newspapers about the events that happened around your neighborhood. It should be accurately connected to your case right now." He said. "And also, Mr. Brown here told me about the hidden cameras and I'll be keeping them as evidence."

I let out a sigh. "Alright. But what about his journal? What can you say about that?" 

"A little bit disturbing." He said. "About Steven, he's your stepbrother, correct?"

"Yes," I answered.

"And he has a twin brother who he hasn't seen in a long time. Where are they right now?"