🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/10/2023

Aurora's POV

"We're here." Mom said, turning off the car engine. I look out from my window and I saw the graveyard that I haven't seen since my last visit here.

I step out of the car and walked with Mom, who is on my right as she places her arm around me. We walked past a lot of gravestones and I can feel a sudden chill on my face as the cool wind swiftly hits it.

Then I spotted a familiar gravestone that is different from the others.

The gravestone was as white as the crystalline snow. As soon as I'm near the beloved gravestone of my Father, with his name beautifully carved on it, I reached out to touch the marble and run my fingers over the black engraved lettering.

Somehow... the cold feeling of the stone making contact with my fingers brought some peace. It was still beautiful, polished, and smooth. The color of the marbled gravestone is almost similar to my deadly and cold skin.

I can feel his presence and it almost felt like he's still alive but in reality... he is not. Yet, it feels like he's looking down on us.

If he's still alive, I wouldn't end up being Steven's little... puppet. I wouldn't end up trapped in this fucking nightmare that might never end. But it could end... if I step up for myself and stop being a fucking coward.

"Okay, let's just go," I said as I took off. I can hear Mom's footsteps following behind me, heading back to the car. I look around and I saw someone, specifically a guy with a somewhat built physique, not too far and I caught him staring at me as if he was... watching. I walk a bit slow as I squinted my eyes and I saw the face of... Steven?!

After seeing his face, horrible memories of him just start playing in my head.

My eyes widen and the next thing I know, I can feel my legs shaking and I lost my focus on walking which made me lose my balance and I fall to the ground. I can feel myself shaking and my breathing goes faster.

"Aurora! Sweetie, are you okay?" Mom said and I look back to the guy and he was gone. "What's gotten into you?"

"I'm... I'm fine. I j-just tripped." I said in a shaky voice as I lift myself up from the ground, dusting off my knees and hands.

"Be careful while you're walking." She scolded a bit. We continue walking towards the car and as soon as we approach the car, we hopped inside.

Mom started the engine and drive off. I look out from my window and furrowed my eyebrows. He has the same features as Steven, just like... earlier back at the lake.

'Could that be... Steven's other twin brother? Or am I just imagining things? Or am I going crazy?'

__

Despite that sudden... thing back at the cemetery, I had a great time with Mom. I wish I could spend more days like this with her as we used to every day.

Mom stopped the car engine after we parked next to Mr. Anderson's car, which means they're back. And he's back.

We head inside and I saw Mr. Anderson having a conversation with Toby and Steven. Mom joins in and I told her that I'll be visiting Miss Victoria for a while.

I head out of the house once again and walk all the way to her house.

Her house is more simple than the others and she has a beautiful front yard filled with different kinds of flowers.