🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/16/2023

Aurora's POV

Ever since that talk during dinner, Steven didn't come back until the break of dawn.

Mr. Anderson scolded him on the day of his return and Steven didn't even try to argue. Surprisingly, he stayed quiet and he didn't do anything to me or anyone at all.

Steven stayed inside his room and for once, it felt a bit safe. But, I still have to lock my door in case.

I'm just in my room and stare at the hidden cameras and the two journals laying on my table. I guess this is what I can give as evidence. Well, three, which is... me.

I grab the cameras and the two journals, put them in my bag, and slowly head out of my room. I head down the stairs and I quietly walk towards the door.

I open the door but then a voice from behind called out to me, which made me immediately close the door.

"Aurora? Where are you going?" I turn around and realized it was just Mr. Anderson.

"I'm just going to my friend's house," I said.

"You don't want me to drive you there?" He asked.

"Thanks but no thanks. I'm fine with walking."

"Still, I'll take you to your friend's house," Mr. Anderson said, grabbing the keys. I let out a sigh and we head out of the house.

I open the car door then I look back at the house.

"Wait... what about Steven?" I asked.

"Don't worry, he's been in his room for hours, I don't think he'll come out of his room for awhile. He's always been like that." Mr. Anderson said as he gets in the car.

I bite my lip before getting in the car. I buckle up as Mr. Anderson starts the car engine before driving off.

"So, which friend's house you're heading to?" He asked.

"My friend Eddie's house. I just want to talk to him. I miss him."

"I see," Mr. Anderson said.

"Um... there's something I want to talk to you about," I said.

"Go ahead."

"Is it true that Steven has a twin brother?"

Just that one question and Mr. Anderson immediately stopped the car right before the traffic light turns red.

I look at his face and he just stayed quiet yet his eyes are saying otherwise.

"Did Steven mentioned it before?" He asked.

I glance at Mr. Anderson and his eyes are still on the road.

"I think it's best if you park somewhere before we'll talk about this," I said. He nodded and the traffic light turns to green.

He drives off to a park nearby and parked nearby the entrance.

"Steven didn't say anything about his twin brother. I sort of... found this. I thought I should just show it to you and let you read it."

I pull out the journal from my bag and show him the journal and hand it to him. He stares at the journal for a while before opening it and flips page by page.

He even saw the pictures and his eyes went wide open and put on a shocked expression.

He closes the journal and hands it back to me. He then massages his forehead and lets out a sigh.