🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 05/10/2023

Aurora's POV

Heather and I walk all the way to my house since we're short on cash (because the costumes are expensive) while Eddie heads home so he'll get himself ready.

"Come to think of it. I haven't seen your new house so this is pretty exciting. I want to see what your new room looks like." Heather said in an excited tone and I just giggle before looking up at the sky.

The sky takes on shades of orange and red as the shades of blue and violet are ready to come down and paint the sky.

I look around the neighborhood and I saw Halloween decorations hanging here and laying there. Jack-o-lanterns with different carved faces. 

Some fake web decorated on some front porches and the such. The laughter of children filled the atmosphere and leaves of the colors red, yellow, and orange decorated the neighborhood as the wind brings the chills as I feel it hit my cheek.

"Where's your house?" Heather asked.

"We're almost there. I guess you can say that the house is isolated from everyone here." I explained.

"At least, you don't have to deal with neighbors," Heather added.

We finally arrived at my house and I was about to open the door, I remembered that it was locked so I pulled out the extra key, hidden in a pot right next to the door.

 I slide the key into the keyhole and unlock the door before putting the key back into the pot. We entered and I came face to face with... Steven, with his arms crossed.

"Welcome home. You brought a friend over?" He started and I gritted my teeth a bit and I nodded while letting Heather in.

"We're just getting ready for the party so just don't mind us. " I said as I motioned Heather to follow me, heading upstairs. 

I look down at Steven and I could have sworn there's a bit of anger in his eyes. I ignore it and we continue going upstairs to my room.

"Woah, this house is huge. Your stepdad seems to be  a millionaire." Heather said.

"He's just doing his job. " I replied.

We reached the third floor and open the door that leads to my bedroom.

"Woah, your bedroom is bigger, and... you even have a marble table!" She said, looking at my things before plopping herself onto the bed.

I lock the door, just in case.

"Now, let's just get ourselves ready 'cause we still need to do our hair and makeup," I said and she agreed.

__

We got dressed in our costumes and I was just finishing Heather's makeup. I picked up a red lipstick and lightly painted it on her naturally pink lips.

"And done," I said as I put the lipstick down and Heather looks at herself in the mirror.

"It feels weird wearing makeup but I'm impressed. Thanks, Ro." She said and I smiled.

"All is left are... shoes. " She said looking down at her long, black socks with red stitching designs on them before looking at my solid blue stockings.

I went towards my walk-in closet and look for some shoes. It didn't take long to look for the right shoes since I already grabbed a pair of brown business shoes and a pair of black and white derby shoes.