🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/07/2023

Aurora's POV

The day of moving into Mr. Anderson's house came and I just finished getting the last box of my belongings. It was hard saying goodbye to my old house filled with memories and the hardest part is to say goodbye to Heather and Eddie since we won't be living in the same neighborhood anymore. But I know we'll see each other in school and we could just visit each other's houses.

I head inside my new room and it will take a while for me to get used to seeing the changes in my room. My room looks more 'mature' and fancy-looking. The furniture looks so expensive (cause it is) and the headboard of my bed is made out of leather and it is the right shade of lavender. I even got my own walk-in closet with lots of brand-new clothes and shoes that my Mom bought for me.

Even though this whole moving-in day feels like leaving my old house that holds so many memories, especially the ones I had with Dad, sounds sad to other kids around my age but I only want what's best for the future.

Sometimes in life, you need to keep moving forward and change can be scary but you need a change of scenery for once.

I put my box full of belongings and wipe the sweat off of my forehead with a towel that is draped over my shoulder. I look around my new bedroom once more before I start opening a box and start unpacking.

__

Four hours passed and I finished unpacking. All of my old clothes are hung in the walk-in closet. Some of my bags are dangled onto the coat rack, my books are placed on the biggest shelf that is connected to the wall and my pillows and covers filled up the once empty-looking bed and give off a comfy vibe. I turn on the switch and my room brightens up.

I double-check every box in case I forgot something before taking them to the basement. Then I spotted a picture frame inside one of the boxes. 

I pick it up and I realized it was a picture of my family when Dad was still alive. Toby was just a little baby with his adorable pacifier in his mouth and I was around nine years old, wearing a pink dress.

I place it on the side table that is just right next to my bed. Then I stack the boxes into one and head downstairs to the basement.

I head off to the basement is located and realized that the door is slightly open so I kick it with my foot and I came face to face with a dark room like I'm sinking into a black abyss.

I tried to turn on the switch but just my luck, the light bulb isn't working. I pull out my phone and turn on the flashlight as my light source. I carefully head down the stairs, step by step, trying not to fall or slip. I noticed that there are some cobwebs hanging here and there as if no one doesn't have time to clean this place ever. 

It kind of smells bad and it seems dusty and thank God, I'm not allergic or sensitive to dust. I feel bad for those who need to stay away from dust though. And with every step I take, the stairs made uncomfortable creaking sounds like in a horror movie.

After taking a few steps and investigating the place, I reached the floor to the basement. I put down the stack of boxes and saw a string that is somewhat attached to the... ceiling? So I tug on it and pull it and the room brightens up in a flash. 

I look around the basement and it's kind of wide and spacious yet there are a lot of things tucked away here.

There are a lot of boxes being stacked, broken bicycles, old toys, and vases laying around, ovens and stoves that don't seem to work anymore, and a lot more. There's even a dusty and old wheelchair that is covered in cobwebs. I wonder if they ever used it before...