July 2023 Author's Note

Date: 07/10/2023

Hello there! It's been a while since my last update/author's note.

I hope you're all doing well and I'm sorry if I haven't updated any chapters lately. Just got back from my hometown and I was sick for a week so I wasn't able to update. 

But I feel all better and I'm back with updating and editing the story since I'm starting school really soon. So I really want to finish updating and editing everything from top to bottom.

Anyways, as you can tell by the title, I'm just gonna leave another author's note and I just need to clarify some things/details in the story. I'm also gonna talk about my possible plans for this story and I would also like to address something that caught my attention and it's been upsetting me lately.

So I hope you'll take the time to read this.

I've read some of your comments and I still think I wasn't clear enough on some details.

#1 - The thing about Steven who is still in high school.

Note: I know and understand that it's weird that Steven is still in high school. The reason why Steven is still in high school is because he is under Grade Retention.

Grade Retention is the process of a student repeating a grade due to failing the previous year.

So he's repeating a grade cause he didn't meet the required benchmarks. And also because of his bad deportment in school.

I hope that explains a lot.

If not, his backstory will be fully explained in the prequel, which is currently ON HOLD since I'm busy editing and updating this story. I don't know when I'll update the prequel but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to update much of it since I don't have anything planned for the prequel yet.

#2 - Comments saying about this story being mistaken as a dark romance story.

Note: I get that a lot of you like dark romance stories. Personally, for me, it really depends on the story.

I would just like to make it clear that this is NOT a dark romance story from the very beginning.

The Stepbrother is a horror/psychological-thriller story.

I don't like romanticizing abuse/ I don't like stories that romanticize abuse or any other heavy topics that could trigger someone. It is never okay. That's my perspective so I hope you understand.

And please read the trigger warnings carefully and thoroughly before starting to read the story. And you could always skip a chapter or stop reading the story entirely, cause it's okay with me.

It's not worth triggering yourself.

#3 - A lot of missing chapters.

Note: I finished this story around 2020 and I'm not satisfied with my writing back then. My writing was all over the place so I decided to edit everything from top to bottom, start to finish.

I unpublished all of the chapters from middle to end so I can edit them and publish them again and everything is updated and finalized from start to finish.

The last chapter I updated was Chapter 21 and the rest of the chapters are unpublished so I can edit and update them thoroughly.

So again, all of the other chapters are unpublished right now and I'll publish them again after editing and updating everything.

I hope you understand and I hope the chapters will be worth the wait.

#4 - Steven's age