🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of physical abuse, violence, sharp object, and kidnapping

This chapter contains mention physical abuse, sharp object, and kidnapping that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

I groan in pain as I open my heavy eyes.  I tried to move but I found myself tied up to a chair.

'Fuck, my head hurts.'

I look around at my surroundings. This is not Grandma Abigail and Grandpa Walter's house. We're back at the house. Every corner of the room is filled with darkness. The TV is on the ground and its static screen is the only source of light in this room. Some tables and chairs were flipped over. Broken pieces of glass were scattered everywhere. Everything's a mess.

I'm in the living room.

An unconscious body laying on the ground caught my attention. I recognized the body as I gasp. It's Toby.

I want to call out his name but all I can do is struggle and muffled through the duct tape.

All of a sudden, familiar creepy music started playing out of nowhere.

(Play music on top)

Then the music stopped and silence filled up the atmosphere.

"Well, well, well... look who's finally awake." A familiar voice said, from behind. I look over my shoulder and a figure just walk over to my side and I came face to face with Steven, holding the music box in one hand.

"I'm gonna take the duct tape off of your mouth but don't you dare scream. Otherwise, something might happen to Toby. And I mean it." He said, putting the music box down.

He quickly takes the duct tape off my mouth and I gasp for air.

"It was you, wasn't it? What did you do to my Mom?"

"Oh, I didn't do it. It was Stefan." He said, pointing in the other direction as Stefan walks in.

"I just asked him to do a small favor for me." He said. "That's all."

"But why? Why would you do that?! Why would you do this?!"

"Well, I've been waiting for so for this and I cannot wait any longer. And... this is what you get for telling your Mom and my Dad!" He yelled.

"I didn't tell them everything!"  I yelled back.

His face softened a bit after hearing it.

"So you did not tell them that you're pregnant?" He asked.

"I- I wanted to but-" Before I could even finish my sentence, Steven grabs my face and pulls my face closer to his.

"Good. And it should stay that way... for a while that is." He said through his gritted teeth. "Now, what should we do about little Toby over there?"

"You dare touch him or hurt him, I swear... I'll kill you!" I shouted.

He chuckled. "You can try." He walks over to Toby's unconscious body and I have to do something.

"Fuck you, Steven! Fuck you!" I shouted.

He clicked his tongue. "God, you're so noisy." He picks up a roll of duct tape and cuts a piece before walking towards me. I struggle to move then he places the duct tape on my mouth and my screams and shouting were being muffled.

"What to do with this Toby kid?" Stefan asked as he picks him up.

"Just take him upstairs. But not in his room." Steven said. "You know where."

Stefan nodded and he heads upstairs as I started to scream and shout.

"Oh, don't you worry. He'll be alright. Now behave." He said.

'KNOCK KNOCK'

"Hello?" A familiar voice from outside called out my name. "Is anyone home?"

It's Heather. Steven placed his knife near my throat, shushing me.

"Now, now, I said behave or else... Something will happen to Toby. And I'll kill your little friend right in front of you." He whispered.

Steven placed the knife on the floor and he picks up a baseball bat.

He slowly approaches the door and unlocks the door. Heather opens the door and pushes the door and Steven just simply hides in the shadows.

"What the fuck happened here? Aurora?!" Heather shouted, looking around the house.

I scream and shout as loud as I can to get her attention, even though my screaming and shouting are being muffled.

"Who's there?" I can hear Heather's footsteps approaching in my direction.

"Aurora?!" She gasped before she started running towards me then she fell down to her knees in shock.

"What happened? Who did this to you?!" She asked as she looks around on the floor then she spotted the knife.

"I'll get you out of here." She said before carefully cutting the thick rope.

Steven started to slowly and quietly walk towards her.

"Fuck, it won't cut!" She said. I scream to get her attention. She looks up and takes off the duct tape from my mouth.

"Heather, run!" I shouted. Her eyes widen and just before she started to run off, Steven knocks her out and she fell down to the floor.

"Heather!" I screamed at her unconscious body. "Heather? Wake up!"

Steven laughed. "Pathetic. And here I thought you two are not friends anymore."

I look up at him in anger. "How dare you?! You fucking son of a bitch!"

'SLAP!'

"Bratty bitch." He puts the baseball bat down and started to drag Heather's arm, dragging her far from me.

"Don't hurt her!" I shouted.

He drops Heather's arm and walks back towards me. He then starts to lift the chair before rocking it back and forth.

"What are you doing?" I asked in fear.

"See you in a few hours." He said before he lets go of the chair and then...

'BANG!'

My head came in contact with the floor and I look to my right side and the last thing I saw was Steven walking towards the unconscious body of Heather then my vision went blank.

__________________________________

Hello there! After for so many days and/or weeks or even months(???), here's the updated chapter of The Stepbrother! I'm so sorry that I took so long to update 😭 but here it is! Just a few more chapters and we're done!

Btw, this story is about to reach 200k reads and... oh my gosh, it's so exciting!

Update: This story has reached 815k reads!

Thank you so much for the endless amount of love and support, even when I didn't update a new chapter. Also thank you for waiting for quite some time! I hope this chapter is worth the wait and also hope you like this chapter.

Anyways, new chapter coming soon and once again, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! And also, hope you're doing okay out there, safe and sound inside your house with your family! Let's just deal with this "new normal" together.

Be careful, stay at home, stay safe and be sure to wash your hands frequently!

- emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023