🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/12/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Forms of physical abuse, physical violence, mention of blood, and loud voices or yelling

This chapter contains forms of physical abuse, physical violence, mention of blood, and loud voices or yelling that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

I slowly open my eyes and I heard the chirping sounds of birds outside of the window. I rub my eyes before sitting up from the bed and I noticed that the other side of the bed is empty and wrinkled. Eddie must be awake right now. I get off the bed and grab my phone before heading downstairs to look for Eddie.

"Eddie?" I called out, looking around for him.

"In the kitchen, Ro," Eddie called out and I walk in. I sit down and he places a bowl of cereal in front of me and I just play it with the spoon. He made himself a bowl before taking a seat from across, facing me.

"Good morning. Sorry if that's all I can give you for breakfast. I was a bit lazy making a proper breakfast for you." He said.

I shake my head. "It's fine. This is enough." Then I begin to eat the cereal. It's been a while since the last time I ate something.

"By the way, your Mom kept on calling you in the middle of the night and early in the morning. I didn't answer your phone though. You should just talk to her sooner or later. She's probably worried about you." He said. I pick up my phone and turn it on. I have 20 missed calls and 12 unread messages from Mom.

"Maybe." I put my phone down and continue eating. "I don't even want to go back there yet."

"Well, you can't just stay here for a long time otherwise your parents will come here and get you," Eddie said. "I really want you to stay here Ro and I don't want you to go back to that house that your fucking stepbrother lives in too."

"Hmm. Hey, how about we'll visit Heather at the hospital? Let's go and check up on her." I suggested.

"Sure, we could do that." He replied and we continue finishing our breakfast.

__

We clean up the dishes and I'm just waiting for Eddie to finish up getting ready.

I'm just in the living room and watching some TV. There's nothing much to watch so I just stop pressing the forward button and watch a random documentary.

"Aurora, I'm ready. Let's go." Eddie said, entering the living room. I turn off the TV and grab my phone from the coffee table and Eddie handed my jacket and a grey wool scarf.

"It's cold outside and I'm just making sure that you stay warm." He said, putting on his scarf.

I put on my jacket and hold up the scarf.

"Thank you. I'm not really a scarf person though cause I usually wear turtlenecks." I said. "I don't know how to put one on though. Could you help me please?"

He took the scarf from my hand. "Of course." Then he slowly wrapped the scarf around my neck. Its warm and soft fabric hugging my neck giving me so much comfort.

Eddie placed a kiss on my forehead while I spaced out and I snapped out of my thoughts.

We head out of the house and he locked the door. The cold wind hit our faces and Eddie suddenly holds my pale hand and his hand is so warm.