🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 04/08/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Themes of Sexual Trauma, Sexual Harassment

This chapter contains trigger warnings and themes of sexual trauma and sexual harassment that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

Days have passed and I've been doing the same routine as if I'm having deja vu, only things got worse each day.

Every time I look in the mirror, I see the same disheveled girl with dry tears staining her face. Her eyebags got darker, only masked with concealer to bring back her once innocent look yet it doesn't look like it. Puffy, red eyes stared back as she tries to put on a smile, which only appeared to be fake.

She's trying to fool everybody around her that she's okay on the outside by just looking at the fake smile on her face but deep down she's not, cause her world got shattered and she is on a grey lifeboat that's been floating on a black and gloomy river, trying to survive the nightmare all by herself when she lost the chance asking for help when she needed it.

I thought Dad's death would haunt me forever but this is much worse than that. It's worse than school. This is living hell.

I just sat here in my own slightly crooked seat while my chin was on my left palm, listening to the clock ticking as a minute passed by, pretending to listen to the teacher, and waiting for the class to be over.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock.

'RIIING!'

Finally, the bell rang and class is over. Everyone grabbed their belongings, left their seats, and head out of the classroom. I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me flinch and I look up.

"Ro, class is over. Are you okay?" Heather asked.

I've been asked the same question over and over and over which makes me want to cry and break down but at the same time... I can't.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired. " I said, giving a faint fake smile as always.

I started packing all of my stuff, get up and we walk towards the door together however a voice called out to me from behind.

"Aurora, can I have a word with you for a moment?" said the voice of Mr. Davies.

Heather slightly glared at him for a second and motioned me to get it over with as she whispered to my ear that we'll meet each other outside of the school campus. I nodded and she left.

"What is it, Mr. Davies?" I asked.

"Please take a seat." He said calmly and I followed though I have a bad feeling about this.

I walk over to a seat, which is right in front of his desk, and sit down. He then walks over to the door, looking left and right before closing it. And I could've sworn I heard a click sound, meaning he locked the door.