🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Sexual Trauma/Rape, sharp object, and physical abuse

This chapter contains mention of sexual trauma/rape, sharp object, and physical abuse that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Steven's POV

While I was dragging Heather's unconscious body to the basement, I heard something from the pocket of her jacket. I drop her arm and pull out her phone before turning it on and it looks like she received a text message from... ugh, Edward.

Oh, Aurora's pathetic little boyfriend. And it looks like she didn't have a password on her phone which makes things easy for me.

__________________________________

Today, 11:37 pm

You: I'm sneaking out, on my way to Aurora's house to apologize.

12:14 am

Edward: Can you ask her if she wants to meet up with the detective later? She's not answering her phone.

You: She's not in her house... I asked one of her neighbors earlier and they said she was at the hospital with her family.

Edward: What happened? Is Aurora okay?

You: I don't know. But they said her Mom got injured or something. How about you check up on her there? I'm heading back to my house.

Edward: You don't want to come along? I'm on the way to the hospital with the detective.

You: No, I don't want to pressure her. Anyways, I have a curfew.

__________________________________

After responding to the text messages, I put her phone away and continue dragging Heather to the basement.

Edward's POV

We arrived at the hospital and we manage to find a parking spot.

Detective Brian stops the engine and we head out of his car before walking into the emergency room.

"She'll be fine, Mr. Anderson." When I heard that name, I turn around and I saw a man thanking the doctor. He might be Aurora's stepdad.

I tap Detective Brian's shoulder and I point my finger at Aurora's stepdad.

"I think that's Aurora's stepdad, his name is Mr. Anderson," I whispered.

He nodded and slowly walk towards him.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Anderson?" He asked and the man look surprised.

"Yes. Can I help you?" He said.

"I'm Detective Brian. And I'm working on a case of your stepdaughter, Aurora." He said. "And this is-"

"You're Edward. Right?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"Yes sir," I said.