March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff

Hello there! It's been a while. I hope you're all doing well. I know this is another updated author's note but I think it's important to read this so I hope you'll take the time to read this.

And I know I have announced this already but I think it's best to make this note because I have some plans for this story.

I am still in the middle of editing, finalizing, and updating other chapters by the way. But while I was editing current chapters, I sort of "accidentally" erased two characters - Lizzie (Steven's friend) and Miss Victoria. 

After realizing what I've done and reading the updated chapters and comparing them to the old versions of the chapters (before all of the editing and updating) back and forth, I'm thinking of removing Lizzie for good since I think she's not really important in the story and she's just... there. But since I'm removing Lizzie, I might edit the sequel too (and improve all of the chapters) and that's okay since she's only mentioned in the sequel once or twice and also doesn't have an important role in the story. So Lizzie is out of the story.

And now for Miss Victoria, I still think she's important in the story because she's the one who's giving information and warnings about Steven to Aurora. I'll find a way to bring her back into the story. She also has a major role in the prequel (the prequel is currently on hold by the way since I'm too busy editing this story and writing a new chapter in other stories) so it's fair to keep her.

This also means that I'll be writing a new chapter (or chapters, it depends) so I hope you'll look forward to that. 

I started this story around 2018 and finished this story around 2020 and three years later, I'm adding a new chapter (or chapters) and it is still under heavy editing haha. And hopefully, once I  finish doing super heavy editing and updating and finalizing everything from top to bottom, I will put this story to rest and leave it as it is in the future, and proceed to the sequel and update that.

And maybe once I finish editing and updating the sequel, I'll try to update the prequel as soon as I can and finish "The Stepbrother" trilogy so I can move forward and proceed to write and update other stories such as "Bloody Mary", "My Summer's Solitude", and more stories to come.

When I started this story, this was supposed to be a "Killing Stalking" fanfiction however I said to myself to try writing something original for a change. And from start to finish, I never expect this story to be very popular/ to have a lot of reads and votes and I was so surprised when some of you commented or send me a message or leave a message on my board, telling me that you love and enjoy reading this story, and I'm forever and genuinely grateful for the never-ending love and support you guys have for this story and it will always make my day.

And the reason why I've been editing, finalizing, and updating everything from start to finish, is that I want to make this story better and improved for you guys, and never use this as an advantage of getting more reads and votes. This story is not perfect (even though there are times I want to make it perfect) but I just want to make this story and the reading journey better for you guys since my writing back then was so crappy and all over the place haha.

I'm gonna answer some questions you probably have in mind and I'll also just give my thoughts on some repetitive comments I've seen in some chapters and don't worry, I'm not mentioning anyone or pointing fingers at anyone (please don't mention or point fingers at anyone as well), I'm just gonna explain. But if you have a question and it is not written here, feel free to leave a question and I'll answer it when I can.

Question: Why is Steven still in high school when he mentioned that he's almost twenty? What's his reason?

- All I can think for the reason why Steven is still in high school is that he is under Grade Retention and he's being held back because of his bad grades and behavior in school. I honestly thought that it was quite obvious why but I guess not haha. I hope that explains why.