🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 04/08/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Themes of Sexual Trauma/Rape

This chapter contains themes of sexual trauma that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

I woke up from my slumber and slowly get off the bed. I look out the window and the sun has risen.

'KNOCK KNOCK'

I walk towards the door and twist the door knob.

"Aurora! Good morning!" Toby spoke and I smile at him before picking him up.

"And good morning to you too!" I said, kissing his cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah!" He said.

"There you are." Someone spoke.

I averted my gaze and it was Steven.

"Oh, good morning Steven," I said.

"Morning. Grandma told me to fetch you guys. It's time for breakfast." He said.

"Here, I'll carry him," Steven said, gesturing to me that he'll carry Toby.

Toby wrapped his arms around Steven and I close the door behind me before we head down the stairs.

"Did you sleep well, by the way?" Steven asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"How about you, Toby?" Steven asked.

"Yeah," Toby said.

We head towards the kitchen and Grandma Abigail greeted us with a warm smile on her face while Grandpa Walter is busy reading the newspaper.

"Good morning. Breakfast is ready." Grandma Abigail said.

"Milk for Toby, Coffee for Steven, Aurora, and Grandpa Walter. And tea for me." Grandma Abigail said.

We sit down and start eating our breakfast.

"Are you excited about going to the mall, Toby? Steven?" Grandpa Walter asked, folding his newspaper before putting it down.

"Yeah!" Toby cheered.

"Steven?"

"I guess so," Steven replied.

"What about you, Aurora?" Grandma Abigail asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Let's say we'll leave after lunch, get yourselves ready before lunch then we can go to the mall." Grandma Abigail suggested. "Finish your food before it gets cold."

Then we continue eating our breakfast.

__

Breakfast is over and I'm currently washing the dishes since I volunteered to do them and help Grandma Abigail.

"Almost done," I whispered to myself.

All of the sudden, I felt someone's hand on my hip which made me flinch.

"Oh my God!" I shouted and I dropped a plate and it went down to the floor.

The plate smashes into pieces.

I froze even though my hands are shaking.

"Sorry." A voice spoke.