🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of blood and sharp object

This chapter contains mention of blood and sharp object that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

"Heather?" I called out softly like a whisper. "Heather, where are you?"

I take one step at a time, trying not to make a sound. I'm in the kitchen, trying to look for a pocket knife or something small but useful to defend myself. I slowly open a drawer and found nothing. Open another drawer... nothing. I open the last drawer and luckily, I found a pocket knife.

I continue searching for Heather. Then I found something on the ground. A broken phone.

I pick it up and I recognize the phone case. It's Heather's phone. I put it inside the pocket of my jacket, look around, and saw a door that leads to the basement.

I slowly twist the doorknob and open it as carefully as I can. I slowly but quickly head down the stairs as soon as my feet touch the cold floor.

God, it's so cold in here.

Then I found Heather with her mouth, arms, and legs all taped up.

"Heather." I walk towards her and get down on my knees. I remove the tape from her mouth and use my pocket knife to cut the tape.

Edward's POV

I run towards Aurora's house and I grab the doorknob. It won't open. I tried to kick the door open but failed to do so.

I started to look for a spare key around the porch. Under a pot? Nothing. Underneath the welcome mat? None. In any of the hidden places, you could hide a spare key, there's no key at all.

I dig into the pockets of my jacket and I felt something small and cold in one of the pockets. I pull it out and it's a bobby pin, which I kept in case I locked myself out of my house.

I prise the two points slightly apart. Then I insert the two points of the bobby pin into the lock. I press the bobby pin forward into the lock- depending on the door, simple forward pressure can be enough to open the lock. Lastly, wiggle the bobby pin in the lock until I feel pressure on it, or hear a click.

I heard a soft click which means the lock is unlocked. I slowly twist the doorknob and head inside.

Once I'm inside, I look around and the place is a mess. Everything is broken and there are a lot of things all over the ground.

I turn on the flashlight on my phone then I start to look for Aurora.

Stefan's POV

"What the hell is going on?" Steven asked, walking towards me.

"Steven. Aurora escaped." I said.

"What?! How did you let her go? Shit!" He said, grabbing his hair.

"And Edward is here right now."

He stopped grabbing his hair and turn to look at me.

"Looks like we have to get rid of him right now." He walks past me and just before he started heading down the stairs... I quickly grab a vase and smash it against his head then he got knocked out.

I nudge him with my foot and... no response. I then grab his arm and drag him into his room.

Once I'm done dragging him into his room, I flip him over since the keys are in the front pocket of his jeans. I slowly dig into one of the pockets and before I get to pull the keys out... he grabs my hand in one hand and punches me with his other free hand.