🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/16/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of blood and grotesque description and imagery of murder, sharp objects 

This chapter contains mention of blood and grotesque description and imagery of murder and sharp objects that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

Mom and Mr. Anderson called for me so I went downstairs and head towards their room.

I entered and I saw Mom sitting on the bed while Mr. Anderson is just standing there beside her.

"Aurora, let's talk." Mom spoke as I walk over to them. She motioned me to sit down next to her and so I did. Then Mom gently holds both of my hands.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"It's about time to have this talk," Mr. Anderson began and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's about Steven." He said and I clenched my hands into fists.

"What about Steven?" I asked and Mom puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Aurora, we really need to talk about this." Mom said. "Go on, just tell us. Please."

My fists are shaking and I can feel something heavy on my chest but I try to keep it in. I bite my lip until I couldn't keep it in any longer before letting out a shaky sigh.

"W-Well, while you guys were away... Steven treated me like a rag doll and he would slap or in his words, teach me a lesson by punishing me if I won't do what he told me to do." I spoke and I can feel a lump in my throat. " And you've seen how he treated me that day."

"Aurora, you should have told us sooner. From now on, he should face the consequences and I'll make sure that he learns his lesson." Mr. Anderson said with a hint of anger in his tone.

"No, no, no! What if he'll do something?! Or what if he'll hurt you and say that it's my fault?!" I said.

"Sweetie, we talked about this, don't worry.  We're only doing this cause it is for the best." Mom said as she gently grabs both of my hands again.

"Just trust us, Aurora. We'll handle this." Mr. Anderson said.

I look at them with a worried face and I hope nothing will happen to them once they talk to Steven.

__

A few hours have passed and it's already dark out. We were just eating dinner in silence... until Mr. Anderson cleared his throat and open his mouth.

"Steven. We need to have a talk about something. " He spoke and from the corner of my eye, Steven puts a frown on his face.

"Elizabeth, take Toby upstairs and stay with him." He said to my Mom and she just picks up Toby from the seat and heads upstairs.

Until the sound of her footsteps faded, Mr. Anderson opens his mouth again.

"Aurora, can you sit here?" asked Mr. Anderson, lightly tapping the chair, right next to him. I nodded and transfer there. I fidget with my fingers and I can feel my breathing going a bit faster.

"Alright, Steven... I've been thinking about your behavior for quite some time and your behavior is obviously and absolutely not healthy in this family."