🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/11/2023

Aurora's POV

Day one of the semester break has begun and it is kind of peaceful around here even though I haven't been in this house before. 

Steven's grandparents have some rules around the house but most of them are understandable such as no sneaking out of the house, don't make too much noise, bedtime is nine o'clock sharp and the curfew is eight o'clock sharp as well and the latest will be eight-thirty.

Since we'll be staying here for a while, I brought some books and my laptop with me and I'll be doing my English homework here.

I'm currently in the living room with Steven and doing our own thing. I'm just looking at stuff on my phone while Steven is just reading a book.

Toby is in the guest room upstairs, sleeping. Grandpa Walter is in his study room while Grandma Abigail is in the garden, watering her plants.

They have a really big garden so it will probably take her some time to water all of her plants.

 I glance at Steven and ended up watching his slender, deadly pale fingers carefully flip the page and his eyes remained focused on the book.

His eyes are busy scanning the page but then he looks up and our eyes meet.

"Is something wrong, Aurora?" He asked.

"Sorry, it's nothing," I said.

"Bored?" He asked, closing the book and putting it beside him.

"A bit, yeah," I responded. 

"You wanna watch some TV?" He asked.

"Um, sure," I said.

He grabs the remote and turns the TV on. He switches from channel to channel and then he stopped and now we're watching some random movie.

"So," Steven spoke. "What do you think of my grandparents and their house, so far?"

I turned to look at him. He has his eyes glued to the TV.

"Their house is nice and big and your grandparents are nice as well," I answered.

"Be honest with me." He said. "I mean they are nice but...?"

"Honestly, they're nice but they can be a bit strict, especially with their rules," I said.

"I knew you would say that. They can be a bit old school. You can just tell by looking at their house." He said.

I look around the house and there are some antiques here and there.

My grandparents' house is more modern than theirs.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" Steven asked.

I shake my head 'no'. "No, not really."

I'm getting a little bit sleepy. "I'm gonna go and take a nap for a little while. So, please excuse me."

"You're excused," Steven said. "I'll wake you up when it's dinner time."

"Okay."

"Sleep well," Steven said, his eyes glued to the TV.

I got up from the couch and start walking towards the stairs on my way to the guest room.

I look around the house again before I head inside the guest room. 

There are photos of Mr. Anderson when he was younger. There are also photos of him and his parents. And there are also photos of him with Steven.

Their resemblance is striking.