Ch. 5 Lunch

Ch. 5 Lunch

 5 Lunch

•--()--•

= TAKING A SEAT ALONG THE TABLE. Madison couldn't help but feel excited about finally receiving some food, as much as she'd like to listen and hear her guardians voice, it was quite tiring to be wandering around the whole place without anything to eat.

"None of these attractions are ready yet, of course, but the park will open with the basic tour that you're about to take, and then other rides will come online six to twelve months after that." John who was exceptionally excited about this whole thing tells the group of individuals sat around the table. "Absolutely spectacular designs. Spared no expense."

Donald looked as if he was in heaven from this place. "And we can charge anything we want. Two thousand a day, ten thousand a day, and people will pay it. And then there's the merchandising which I personally--"

"Donald, Donald." John repeats the name. "This park was not built to cater only for the super-rich. Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals." He laughs childishly.

"Sure. They will. I mean, we'll have a coupon day or something."

"Gee, the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, uh, staggers me." Ian points out to the two men discussing even further details although they didn't know what to expect.

"Thank you Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different than both you and I have feared." Donald says to the man. Shrugging his shoulders.

Ian nods his head. "Yeah, I know. They're uh, a lot worse."

"Now, wait a second now. We haven't even seen the park yet. There's no reason-"

"Donald, Donald, let him talk. There's no reason -- I want to hear every viewpoint. I really do." John now smiles rather creepily from where Ian sat beside his adopted child.

Ian Malcolm coughs, fisting his chest while he felt all eyes on him. "Yeah, uh, don't you see the danger, John, uh, inherent in what you're doing here?" He questions the man's intentions, eyes narrowed upon his figure.

"Genetic power's the most awesome force this planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid who's found his dad's gun." Ian tells the man.

"He ain't wrong, you do act like a little kid sometimes." Madison comments, eyebrows raised as she glances to one of the cooks. Inquiring when she could have her food until they realise why she was staring at them and goes away, returning with the food. Causing the female to grin.

"It's hardly appropriate to start hurling accusations-"

"If I may, if I may. Uh, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're, that you're using here. It didn't require any discipline to attain it." Ian once again interrupts the male. "You know, you read what others had done, and you, and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... for it."

"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses, uh, to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew it, you had, you've patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunch box, and now" Ian bangs the table in a gesture. "you're selling it, you wanna sell it, well."

John Hammond looks at the 'rockstar' incredulously, ignoring the sound of Madison taking apart her meal and stuffing it down her throat. "I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our scientists have done things which nobody has ever done before."

"Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied over whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." Now that Madison thinks about it, Ian did give a point. The scientists probably only did this to receive many credit.

"Condors. Condors are on the verge of extinction."

Ian Malcolm shakes his head "No,-"

"No, no!" The purple and pink headed girl visibly jumps back with wide eyes at her uncles sudden shouts, a surprised look written all over her face. "I was to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn't have anything to say." He spat.

"No, no, listen, this isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation or, uh, the building of a dam. Dinosaurs, uh, had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction." Ian explains, trying to get his point across to the male. Subconsciously glancing to the female beside him, noticing her shocked look while she just feels two pairs on her body once again.

"I simply don't understand this kind of Luddite attitude, especially from a scientist! I mean, how can we stand in the light of discovery and not act?" John looks at the chaos-scientist in disbelief.

"Oh, what's so great about discovery? It's a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world." Ian sneers, pulling back to cross his arms together while staring at the man.

Ellie Sattler was next. "Well, the question is, how can you know anything about an extinct ecosystem? And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it? You have plants in this building that are poisonous." She tells the man in a questioned tone.

"You picked them because they look good. But these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in and they will defend themselves. Violently, if necessary."

John Hammond could be heard and seeing sigh as he glances to his daughter, noticing that her shocked expression lessened with focus onto her feet. "Dr. Grant, if there's one person here, who can appreciate what I'm trying to do..."

Alan Grant looked troubled, something he usually does not look like and Madison could've sworn she saw his eyes flicker to her first and then the others after. Something confusing even Madison herself.

"The world has just changed so radically, and we're all running to catch up. I don't want to jump to any conclusions but look; dinosaurs and man, two species separated by sixty-five million years of evolution, have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea, what to expect?" He asks, blowing yet another question aimed straight to the man but Madison could feel it wasn't just that.

John Hammond scoffs loudly with disbelief and shock. "I don't believe it! I don't believe it! You're meant to come down here and defend me against these characters, and the only one I've got on my side is the blood-sucking lawyer!" He yells, causing Madison to jump once more and stay quiet.

"Thank you." Despite the look of offence that had fallen onto his face. Donald still managed to say thank you to the man. One of the waiters whispers to Hammond.

"Well. They're here."

END OF CHAPTER FIVE