Ch. 26 Tragedy

Ch. 26 Tragedy

 26 Tragedy

•--()--•

= Eddie runs out of the trailer in time to see the wheels dragging forward through the mud as the weight of the dangling trailer pulls the whole thing toward the edge of the cliff. He runs for the jeep and grabs hold of the power winch on the front grill.

While this happens, Madison tries to reposition her teeth. Hesitating for a minute when she heard Sarah's scream from nearly being caught on the teeth.

Eddie races back to the trailer, pulling out a length of cable behind him. He runs up to the still-moving trailer, dives for its towing hook, the cable goes out and he falls short. Just by six inches, but he's out of cable.

"Damn it!" He cries aloud.

Malcolm and Sarah are now together, clinging to the rope near the bottom of the trailer as it shifts around them, Malcolm protectively shields the woman from harm as he does his best to keep hold of the rope, all while, Nick is further up, also clinging to the rope.

Eddie, back in the jeep, reels out more winch cable. He turns and races back to the trailer just as gravity starts to lift the front end off the ground.

Eddie dives again, and this time the cable hook clicks securely into the trailer's towing hook.

Nick clings to the rope in the middle of the trailer while Malcolm and Sarah try to struggle up it, but a sudden dip knocks them back, and their hands slide down the line.

Screaming, they slide through the trailer and their feet smash through the remains of the rear window. Worrying Madison who drops a few feet from where she previously was and positions herself below them.

Regaining hold of the rope at the very end, the two of them now find themselves hanging out of the rear end of the trailer, dangling over the rocky shore below. Although, now they witness a strange creature they weren't sure of, one with black scales.

The shape of his head bears a resemblance to that of a Tyrannosaurus rex, and he has a sprinkled red mark around his eye orbit. The skin around the creatures mouth is flaky and peeling away in some areas and is also sickly-looking, with ragged teeth similar to those of a giganatosaurus.

Eddie hits the gas and the tires slosh in the mud, trying to get a grip. The jeep pulls just enough to lower the front trailer back to earth. But the tires spin, fighting to hold in there.

Eddie smartly chucks the shifter into four wheel drive and exhausts the engine. As the motor roars, the sound is topped by another, much more daunting roar in the distance.